Like I've said previously, October is my favorite! Cooler temps, warm colors, yummy smells, and crunchy leaves are just a few of my favorite things!
Hannah and Chase were supposed to go on a cruise this month, but it was cancelled due to Covid. They took a road trip instead and went to Colorado. They covered a lot of ground stopping in Grand Junction to visit Hannah's friend Zoe, Colorado Springs to see Tyler and kids, Longmont, Estes Park, Princeton Hot Springs and Breckenridge. We got to have Violet the days that they were gone. We had lots of fun even though she and I were sick with colds and coughs and she had a hard time sleeping. We made her a little bed on the floor by our bed but she and I spent most nights on the couch. Oh well, it was still wonderful having her with us.
 |
On our way to the doctor to see if she has Covid or something that could be treated. She didn't have Covid and they didn't give me anything for her cough. She's so sweet and wasn't really grumpy at all even though you could tell she wasn't feeling well.
|
We celebrated Mike's birthday at Tepanyaki with Eric, Ben and Violet. Yummy and fun!

Hannah and Chase got back in time for our home birthday dinner! Happy Birthday to the most wonderful husband, father and grandfather! We love you so much!
We had a nice day in Payson, Utah, seeing the leaves in the canyon, going to the Temple, and eating lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant, El Tapatio, in lovely downtown Payson.
 |
Seriously good chips and salsa!
|
 |
| Our own little goat whisperer |
 |
| and chickens! |
 |
| First snow on Timp |
 |
| Ryan's family in Nashville |
Sometimes as a realtor, I post real estate related things on Instagram and Facebook. I like to post photos from our own house, sometimes to promote de-cluttering, or decorating, or design and sometimes to promote myself to get some potential clients. I haven't had any success with getting clients, but hopefully I'm getting my name out there as a real estate professional!
Here's me working hard on real estate and trying to do some genealogy at the family history center. Mike is so good at doing family history and I truly get so frustrated with it. I think different personality types do better at it and mine isn't one that does well with it!
Cooking and eating are important parts of our lives! Don't love to cook but we love to eat! We have been trying to come up with good ways to prepare the Halibut that Mike and his boys caught in Alaska and we came up with a great recipe for Fish and Chips! Taco Tuesdays are one of my favorite days of the week and we try to mix it up with different Mexican dishes; taco soup, tacos, nachos, taco salad, quesadillas and whatever else we can come up with. It helps take the humdrum out of out weekly meals.
I attended an event sponsored by two of my neighbors who are Instagram influencers, Laura Hawkins and Kim Hughes. We learned how to make professional grazing boards. Did you know that a charcuterie board is technically just meats and cheese and if you add other things like fruits, nuts, and chocolates it becomes a grazing board. We got to keep the cute boards and all the food on them! It was a fun evening at Highland Gardens!
 |
| Cute Laura Hawkins |
No comments:
Post a Comment