Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Carolinas, October 2020

After months of trying to get to North Carolina to see Nancy and Dale's new home and to help Nancy with some decorating, I finally made it there on the night of October 20th.  I flew into Wilmington and Dale picked me up so Nancy could have the house all ready for my warm welcome.

They were having their house painted while I was there. Such a fun transformation!

From this:

To this!

 Notice the cute cupola and stork weather vane. Dale was an ob/gyn for his profession!

We had a fun first day in St. James Plantation/Southport seeing the house and getting some ideas of things to do, walking on the beach, and planning a sister's trip to meet Kathy in Charleston.  She and Keith recently moved to Aiken, SC.





I caught a fish in the pond in their backyard. It's catch and release and so we put it back.  I always feel sad for putting a hook in their mouth!  I guess I don't make a very good fisher-woman!

Next stop, Charleston, SC, Brady Sister's Reunion 2020


 

No comments: