Sunday, October 11, 2020

General Conference, October 3-4, 2020

Twice a year our church has General Conference where the First Presidency of the church and the 12 Apostles and other church leaders speak to us during five, two-hour sessions.  They provide hope for the hard times we are living in and assure us of God's and our Savior, Jesus Christ's love for us and that they are aware of what's going on in our lives and in our world and that they are very much still in charge.  I loved all of it and look forward to going back and listening to much of it again over the next six months until we are fed again by their words next April.  We are told that when our prophets speak it is the same as if the Lord is speaking to us.  This makes our general conferences even more special.

President Nelson gave some amazing talks.  The one during the women's session included these thoughts:

I printed this and have it hanging on our fridge to remind us of how important it is to be prepared! We need to be prepared physically, spiritually, emotionally, have our homes prepared, and never stop preparing!  We were encouraged over and over in a lot of the talks to be joyful, happy and optimistic even though times are hard now and will get even harder as time proceeds.

Another of the prophet's talks, he stressed that we are all children of God and He loves us all equally! We are having a lot of turmoil in our country over equality and especially regarding black lives.  It was good for President Nelson to address this issue.  President Oaks addressed it as well.  We need to look inside ourselves and be sure that we are not racist and that our attitudes and behaviors are all inclusive.

I also always love hearing Elder Holland's talks every conference.  He is so real and down to earth and tells it like it is but with a lot of love and tender emotion.  I love him so much.

President Nelson gave this definition of Israel, God Will Prevail!  He talked about how the gathering of Israel is well underway and that we need to align our wills to the Will of the Father.  My goal is to do that better and try harder to truly let my Heavenly Father's plan for me be my plan for me.

I always look forward to Elder Uchtdorf’s talks as well. He encourages and shows so much love and concern for us and our situations.

There were just so many talks that provided hope. We can get through the trials now and that are coming and we can go through them joyfully with God at the helm. I believe and I have faith that these things are true. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the whole world and I am grateful for Him.


Mike and I took a walk around the Mt. Timpanogos Temple one day and even though it isn’t open for us to attend right now, we could feel the spirit there. It is such a beautiful place to go to feel peace and the love of our Heavenly Father.  Twenty new temples have had ground breakings this year and six more temples were announced in this conference. The Lord’s work is continuing and will continue until and after He returns. 



No comments: