I wanted to have a fancy garland this year and looked all over for a pom pom one and couldn't find one anywhere, even online. I am amazed how little inventory the stores have this year. I guess they figured with the pandemic, no one would be decorating? I love to decorate our house for Fall, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas. It's one of the best parts of the holidays for me. It makes me feel happy even during "these difficult times."
So anyway, I searched high and low for garlands and finally decided I would just make my own. I had the cute felt BOO one and I simply made the flag one and the dot one out of construction paper. It was fun to be creative and figure out how to solve my dilemma and it cost me nothing!
Those beautiful leaves on our mantel are from our drive this week.
Simplicity in decorating has become my new theme. I don't like clutter, so I keep it simple and clean.
Violet found Addie's toothbrushes in a kitchen drawer a couple of days ago and decided it would be a good idea to brush Addie's teeth. With her little two year old persistence she got Papa and Addie on board (with a little resistance).
Hannah, Chase and Violet moved to Sandy yesterday. They had a lot of helpers including some of Chase's family, Eric, Joni and her boyfriend James. We watched Violet some and also had Ellie, Reese and James's daughter, Alice with us while they worked. Reese, Alice and I took a walk over to see the goats and chickens. Always a fun little adventure!
I love to see how other people decorate. This was from a post on Tanya White's instagram this week. They live out in Washington DC.
Here are some pictures of my sister Nancy's Halloween decorations! She is the best and goes all out!
Fires continue to rage throughout the western United States. Colorado has some really bad ones burning close to where we used to live in Longmont.
This picture is from our porch here in Lehi. The fire is in the mouth of the canyon just to the east of us. We are praying and fasting for rain.
This year has been so hard in so many ways. We have to stay focused on the positive and remember that God is aware and in charge. Things may continue to be difficult and even harder than they are now, but we can have joy in the midst of trials. Keep looking for the silver linings. They may not be easy to find at times, but they are there.













No comments:
Post a Comment