Sunday, May 23, 2021

Our Basement Apartment, May 2021


When we moved to Lehi and bought our home here a little over two years ago, we had the basement finished for Hannah, Chase and Violet to live in while they were still finishing up school and an electrician apprenticeship.  They lived here for about a year and half and then decided they needed to have more independence and a puppy  so they moved to an apartment in Sandy.  We decided to furnish the apartment for when we have kids and their families come to visit.  It has turned out really cute and very comfortable for our guests and our family who visit quite often.


I found this awesome sectional on Facebook Marketplace brand new from a warehouse store in American Ford.  It was very reasonably priced and I picked up some cute throw pillows and this great rug from Home Goods.  I love how cozy it is.  It is a very bright and welcoming space.

We love this beautiful full kitchen.  The floors are luxury vinyl plank and are waterproof and scratch proof!

We moved this table and chairs down from our kitchen when we finished the white round table up there.  This table and chairs have been with us for our entire 30 1/2 years together!  Eric and Hannah both grew up with them from birth.  The kids had assigned seats.  Mike always sat at the head and I was in the chair to his right.  We actually put tape on the chairs with the kids' names on them.  A lot of good memories around this table!

The only piece of furniture that I regret getting rid of in our move from Colorado was the pine hutch that Mike gave me for one of our first Christmases together.  We didn't have room on the truck and I didn't think we had a spot for it in our new house.  As it turned out, we do have a spot now and I found this similar one on Facebook Marketplace!  It's not quite as beautiful as the one I had, but I still love it and the white pitchers, cups and platters I have found to go inside it.


Even the hallway is cute and bright!  We put in this cute little playroom complete with a Dutch door!



It has two large bedrooms, it's own laundry and bathroom with two sinks and a higher countertop.





You can enter from our part of the house here or through the separate entrance from the backyard.



We love how it turned out!  We definitely miss having Hannah, Chase, and Violet here but we are making lemonade out of lemons! All are welcome and we have plenty of room.  Besides the two bedrooms in the apartment, we have three other guest rooms in our part of the house!  Our cute, cozy cottage is a lot bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside!




No comments: