We still have our weekly Sunday dinners with Eric and Hannah's family. This past week we had a delicious chicken, raspberry and pear salad at Eric's house. I brought some bread and we went to the lake to feed the ducks and birds. There were so many little babies! It was so fun to see all that new life!
My sweet friend, Becky, had extensive surgery on her back a few months ago and hasn't been able to have any visitors at all until recently, so Tuesday, I drove up to Farmington and we went out to lunch together to Blue Lemon. We had a great time catching up on each others lives. She is such an inspiration to me of someone who always looks on the bright side and sees the blessings from God in every situation. She has really been through a lot and yet her smile brightens up the room. She is so full of love and grace and gratitude and I wish so much that I could be more like her. Guess I just need to be with her more often and try to soak up some of that goodness!
When I arrived at her home, her husband Ron, greeted me at the door. When she came around the corner, she and I had on the exact same outfit! It was so funny. We seriously haven't seen each other in months. What are the odds that we would pick the same clothes? We looked like we belonged in a singing group or something. We enjoyed our lunch and she treated me for my birthday. She is so kind and generous. I love her so much!
This past week our Relief Society sister's got together and took a walk around the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It has been closed (it's partially open now) for over a year and we have all missed going inside so much! Afterwards, we sat on the grass and shared special temple experiences that we have had. One sweet sister shared how her twin sister has passed away and she feels her presence at the veil every time she does temple work for their ancestors. I shared how I had that amazing personal revelation to have our Hannah Joy. The temple is a house of God and it is a very special place to be. I love the peace I feel and the answers I receive there. I hope we can go back inside soon.
Last but not least for this post, I wanted to share this picture of our little chicken girl with her chicken. We gave our chickens to the neighbors where they can roam free all day and they are so happy to be there. Hannah, Violet and I went to see them and they look happy and healthy.








No comments:
Post a Comment