Sunday, May 2, 2021

It's May, It's May! My Favorite Month of May! 2021

It is hard to believe four months of 2021 have already slipped by!  Is time really speeding up or is it just me?  I love the month of May!  The flowers are blooming, the leaves are popping open on most of the trees, the days and nights are warmer but not burning hot yet, it's Mother's Day, my birthday, and Memorial Day month!  

When my kids were all home and in school, May was almost as busy and hectic as December.  Now I enjoy and savor every new May day!  May is a blessing!  It's bike riding, fires in the fire pit, hot tubbing, gardening, pulling weeds, filling bird feeders, baby animals, and watching things grow kind of weather.  I love it all so much.  I wish I could freeze May for a few months, but since I can't, I'm just going to fill it up as much as I can with all of my favorite things.


We had another beautiful visit to Ashton Gardens and dinner at the Harvest Restaurant with Joel and Erin.  They had never been and they loved it! Well, Erin loved it for sure and Joel liked it a lot.  It was pretty warm and we got a little overheated, but well worth it!


This flower and hummingbird are made of Legos!  There will be 14 more Lego statues depicting nature
 later this month through August.  Another reason to come back often!







Yesterday, Mike and I drove up American Fork Canyon and took a short but pretty walk on the Swinging Bridge nature trail near the visitor's center for Timp Cave.  I'm so excited to start taking mountain hikes again!  One of my favorite things is waterfalls and there are a lot of them in the Utah mountains! I can't wait to start finding and exploring them again!



We stopped and had lunch at JDawgs on our way home.  We love their hot dogs a lot!  We have some kind of magnetic force that brings people to wherever we are eating.  Literally!  We have had this magical power for years and wish we could figure out a way to benefit from it financially.  Oh well, we are definitely boosting the economy in our own way.  When we arrived at JDawgs, we walked right up to order.  There were a few people ahead of us waiting for their dogs, but most of the tables were empty.  As we were eating, the line to order grew longer and longer and the tables started filling up.  When we left, the line was out the door and almost every table was filled!  Funny thing is that it wasn't the noon hour.  It was well beyond lunchtime. What can we say, except "You're Welcome."


Today is Fast Sunday and we have the opportunity to fast two meals and contribute the money saved to the church to help the poor and needy.  It is a blessing to fast and I'm happy to do it.  We are fasting today specifically for a sweet family in our ward whose sister passed away recently from a long illness and then his parents both contracted Covid and were in the ICU in their home town in Brazil.  The mother passed away a couple of days ago and the father is still in the hospital.  We don't know if he will make it and recover but we are praying for them to feel peace and comfort in this very difficult time.  They are far away and can't go there and even if they could they couldn't visit the dad in the hospital because of Covid.

We feel so blessed to be able to fast for them.  They are such amazing people whom we love dearly.  We have the blessing of being their ministering couple.  Wish we could do more and will continue to pray for inspiration on how to serve them better.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is based on love.  We love our family, friends and our neighbors and are trying to be more like Jesus every day.  

We studied this week in Come Follow Me, D&C 45.  We taught our Sunday School class today live for the first time in over a year.  It was so amazing seeing them face to face.  They are 13 going on 14 and they are amazing young people.  We discussed how the Savior is our Advocate with the Father and what a gift it is to have Him on our side.  He loves us so much and just asks that we repent and follow Him and He will be there with us every step of the way back to the presence of our Father in Heaven.  That makes me feel happy and so peaceful even during hard times.  




No comments: