I've been posting some decorating and decluttering ideas on Instagram and Facebook to help people and to promote my business as a realtor. It's hard to get a good base going when almost everyone knows someone in their family or a close friend or neighbor who is a realtor. I heard on the radio the other day that there are more realtors in Utah than houses for sale right now. Isn't that crazy? So, I'm hustling a bit to try to get some clients. I got to help one of my fellow agents plan for staging a home a week ago and absolutely loved it! I'm happy to help out in any way that I can.
This is my home office space. I posted that if you work at home, you need to have a place (doesn't need to be a big space) to call your own where you have a calm, organized, peaceful environment to work in.
I quoted from the musical, Cinderella, "In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be." For me, right now, my titles are wife, mother, grammy, sister, friend, Sunday School teacher, and realtor to name a few.
I also posted these pictures of my lovely view from my desk chair...
I did a post the next day about how important a tidy, uncluttered home is for me. I love to get rid of things and I hate piles. It doesn't take too long to put things in drawers, cabinets and closets. Then every couple of months go through those drawers, etc. and declutter them. There's no shame in throwing things away! It's freeing and it really makes your space feel bigger and brighter.
My next post was about how live houseplants are so popular right now. Eric and Hannah have gotten me interested in them. When we moved into this house, Eric gave me a snake plant and it is so easy to take care of and grows really fast. I pretty much just water it once a month. That's it! My other's need a drink about once a week. I grabbed these pics off an online site called "unsplashed".
Todd and Kimiko are going to be building a new house soon, their forever home! They both trust my opinion on details and so we have been going back and forth for a few months trying to finalize their plans. They now have a builder and final plans so they hopefully will be able to start digging in a month or so.

Yesterday, Saturday, March 27, it was warm enough for Eric and I to resume our weekly walks/hikes. We walked for over an hour around the Daybreak Lake. It was amazing. I found the perfect Grammy house right on the lake. It's not for sale but I just love it (at least from the outside, I haven't seen the inside). I am perfectly happy in our home in Lehi, but it's fun to dream a little bit. Katie Prestwich once said to me that living in Daybreak is magical. I believe her!
This is Easter week and also the week before General Conference. I want to focus this whole week on the Savior and His last week on earth. Today is Palm Sunday when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and people threw palms at his feet and shouted Hosanna! An Instagram account that I follow talked about this today in their podcast, One Minute Scripture Study. Callie Black said that Hosanna means Joy, Energy, Reverence, Excitement, Gravity and Love. She encouraged us to find Hosanna moments every day and that when we understand Jesus, we look for and find God-filled moments all around us!















No comments:
Post a Comment