Sunday, May 31, 2020

Farm Country, My Birthday, Planting, May 2020

As the world opens up a little more each week, we decided to make a reservation to Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country.  Violet loves the pony rides so much and it was fun to go out on a little adventure!


After our walk last week, Eric and I went to Trader Joe's to see if they had some of their famous Peonies.  They only had one bunch left and the line to get in was long (social distancing) so we passed.  He went the next day and surprised me with these!


They all opened on my birthday!  Mike and I joke and call the month of May the Month of Sue (from a TV show we used to watch called The Middle)!  It's fun to have Mother's Day and my birthday close together.  I feel special and loved.

My birthday started on Wednesday with lunch at the Ashton Gardens Trellis Cafe with my sweet friend Cindi.  First time eating at a restaurant, actually sitting at a table and being waited on. 



For my birthday on Friday, I woke up to this cute sign in my yard from my Relief Society Presidency. 

 
Mike suggested we go to Sundance and have a picnic.  We got Jimmy John's Italian subs and headed up to the canyon.  It was so perfect!  The weather was cooler and everything was so green and gorgeous.  We had to get a wristband to get into Sundance due to the virus and had to order something from one of the restaurants or go on the zipline or the chair lift.  We opted to get a drink at the deli and got a delicious chocolate shake that we split.  It was so delightful!






I got this cute baseball cap and had my picture taken with Robert Redford ;)





When we got home, I took a little nap and enjoyed my birthday wishes via Facetime, phone calls, texts, cards, and Facebook messages.  There are so many ways to feel loved these days.  I got some lovely gifts including these beautiful flowers from Todd and Kimiko.


 We made a reservation last week to go to Cheesecake Factory with Eric, Hannah, Chase, and Violet and it was fun, delicious, and only half as crowded as usual.  Our waitress wore a mask and only half the tables and booths were filled.  It was actually kind of nice to have less people!  Less is Moore!!


Cherry Ghiradelli Chocolate Cheesecake, YUM!


Our bill for Mike and I came to one cent (plus tip) since we were able to use some gift cards that we had previously received.  It was a lovely evening and a wonderful birthday. 


I am grateful to be loved and to have lived to 62!  I hope I have many more years and that I can keep having great adventures and experiences ahead.

We have been wanting to add a few trees and plants to our yard to make it a little more private so we went to a local nursery and picked out four new trees (two maples and two Austrian Pines), some lavender, lilacs, allium and rose bushes.  We planted on Saturday morning with lots of help from Chase and Eric. (It was our hottest day so far this year!)  We love our yard and home and feel so blessed to live here.



Tomorrow is June 1 so today is the last day of the Month of Sue!  I am ready to meet the new month.  I take my Real Estate Exam on Thursday!!!!  Hoping and praying I pass and that day will be the start of a big new adventure in my life!

Our world is still in turmoil with the corona virus but also with some police brutality causing the death of a black man which has spiraled into protests all around the country.  Some have been peaceful, but most have had some violence, looting, and property destruction.  It is terrible, sad, and frustrating that there is so much hatred, intolerance, and evil in the world.  I still hold to the fact that most people are good, but there is much to be done to have peace and equality in our world and specifically in our country.  I believe that turning to God is our true answer.  He provides the way.  We need to follow His ways.  It really is the best way.  We can all do something to help.  I believe seeing the positive in the world and being humble and kind are a start.  Treat others as we want to be treated.  These are things I try to do.  It's small, but it's something.


On a final note, Hannah and Chase got a Hedgehog that they named Cedric, Cedge the Hedgehog.  He's cute but they are having a hard time getting him to be happy to be held.  I'm sure they will figure it out.





No comments: