| This is hilarious! St. George gets hot but not quite this hot! Funny mistake! |
It is definitely heating up around here! This past week was in the 90's and it was HOT! Today it's raining and in the 50's! Huge weather swings, but we are grateful for the rain and it's nice to have it cool off for a couple of days.
This was a big week for me personally! I have thought about getting a real estate license on and off for years and this week I took and passed my real estate exams! I took the required 120 hours of education online and then scheduled the test which was three weeks out due to Covid-19. I studied every day for 2-4 hours (except Sundays and most Saturdays) and was very determined to do my best. I took a lot of practice exams and in the end felt like I had learned a lot and yet I still felt like I wasn't completely ready. Mike and I fasted and prayed fervently a week ago that I might have divine help and he gave me a blessing the night before that I would remember what I had learned, be calm, and have help guessing the questions I didn't know the answers to.
I felt all of those concerns answered when I started my exams and took it with confidence that I would have help from above. I didn't go back and second guess or change any answers. I felt like there were a lot of questions that I guessed on. I guess I guessed correctly enough and knew enough because combining the two, I passed both parts--the general and state portions. I was so relieved, so happy and so very grateful. I know that God heard and answered my prayers as well as those who had been praying for me. This strengthens and confirms my testimony that God wants us to pray about every concern, both big and small. If it's important to us then it's important to Him. I love that He is on my side and helps me with all my stuff! Alma 7: 23 says to "ask for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal." It also states, "returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." I am so extremely grateful for His help. I honestly don't think I could have passed on my own merits. I was prepared, I did my part, and I asked for help and help came. It works. God is real. My Savior is real. I'm so blessed.
Now I need to decide on a broker to work with and get going on my new career! It's exciting and a little scary but I know with God's help I can do this. I will do this and I know I can succeed! I will surround myself with knowledgeable people and learn all I can and go for it full steam ahead!
We had a fun visit from son Steve and his family over the weekend. They are in town for Emmy's marriage on Thursday in Logan. We are all so happy that the Temple is open for sealings and that they opened it up from 6 guests which would have been parents only to 16 guests which now includes grandparents so we will get to attend. We had pizza, played outside a lot, visited a lot, had Saturday pancakes, bike ride, hot tub for Mike and Eli and lots of love and good feelings. It was a wonderful visit.
This week our ward is fasting for a sweet teenage girl in our ward, Alyssa Eav, who had heart surgery a few weeks ago and has been struggling hard to regain her strength and has had to have several procedures since that haven't worked for her. They have decided that her heart is just giving up and she has been placed on a heart transplant list. We are praying and hoping as a ward family that she will get one soon and that it will be successful. A sweet neighbor and ward member, Tanya, asked for everyone to send pictures making the heart sign and she made picture books with them for Alyssa. Such a sweet thing to do.
In honor of today's being National Cancer Survivor's Day, I am honoring my sister, Nancy. She survived breast cancer and is cancer free today! I love her so much!
We ended the week with this beautiful rainbow out our back window. It's been a rough week for our nation with the corona virus still lingering and a lot of protesting both peaceful and violent for black lives matter. A black man was killed during an arrest last week in Minneapolis by a police officer who held him to the ground and knelt on his neck until he couldn't breath and he suffocated. It was a senseless killing and it has brought about a lot of protesting and rioting for change. I am looking within myself to change what I need to make me less judgemental and more loving towards all of God's children. I can change and I hope we all can make this a more peaceful and more equal world.
Last week we had Sunday dinner at Eric's house. It was fun to get out and go someplace. We still mostly hang out at home although things continue to loosen up a bit more each week. We are so grateful to have family near. This quarantine would have been terrible without having some of our loved ones near. Life is hard sometimes and love definitely helps make it better!
No comments:
Post a Comment