Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Moore Fun on Balboa Island, February 2014

Nancy and Dale are renting a house on Balboa for a few months before they leave for their mission assignment as the Northeast Area Medical Advisor (and wife)!  Nancy invited me to come down and stay for a few days.  It was a delightful visit in a beautiful place.




These are just some pictures of their lovely cottage at 303 Amethyst Avenue.  It really is the perfect island getaway.  Here are some of the houses in the neighborhood:








I was in cottage paradise!

My first night, I just wanted to go to the beach, so we got there for a beautiful sunset and even saw some dolphins!




My first day there, Nancy had some other plans she had to be involved in, so I borrowed her car and visited Cierra and her 3 darling little girls and Kim and Seth and their 3 darling kids.  It was such a fun day.  Here's a picture of me with London, Seth and Kim's daughter.  She's 8 years old and she's the same height as Hannah.  It was fun giving her great big hugs since she fit right in where Hannah fits...

The next day, Nancy and I went kayaking around Balboa!  I think I love kayaking!!  Remember when I kayaked in Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe?  That's where my love for it began.  I seriously think if I had to pick a passion, that could be it!!  It's so relaxing and so beautiful and you are getting a good upper-body workout as well.  What could be better?  After kayaking, we had lunch at Ruby's on the pier.








This could be the best picture I have ever taken!  I love everything about it, especially that this pelican just sat there balancing on the railing and wasn't even scared that I was about 2 feet away from him.  I love the colors of the sand, sea, and sky and all the palm trees and beach houses in the background and even the mountains off in the distance.  Sweet!




Just an adorable little Lane on Balboa Peninsula.

On Friday, Dale, Nancy and I drove south to visit Marissa and her sweet family.  We stopped in San Juan Capistrano and had breakfast at this wonderful restaurant, The Ramos House Cafe.  This is the oldest street in California.  It's cute little old houses that have been turned into cafes, art galleries, and little boutiques.





We continued south to San Diego to Marissa and Doug's house.  We got to spend some fun time with these sweet kiddos!  It's so fun to see Marissa with these little twin girls.  She's such a fun mom to all of her kids.  They all get such a kick out of everything Charlee and Molly do!  Kids are the greatest!





We went to Avalon's water polo match which they won and then had dinner at Islands Restaurant which had this incredible view!


The few days I was there went way too fast!  I could easily have stayed for two weeks or two months!!  Thanks Nancy and Dale for a wonderful time.


While I was in California, Mike was in Utah for a visit with Paul and Joni.  Unfortunately, he didn't have a camera with him so I can't post any pictures of his visit.  He had a wonderful time and enjoyed so much being with Ellie and Reese.  I'm looking forward to seeing them soon!


No comments: