Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Girl Friend Road Trip! March 2014

My good friend, Sharma Robertson, kindly agreed to drive over to Utah with me for a grandma/girlfriend fix!  I got to spend some fabulous time with Tyler, Jaimee, Sophie, Tucker, Kimiko, Jaxon and three of my dearest friends, Cheryl Larson, Jo Moulton, and Cindi Ingersoll!  It was awesome!



 Sophie and I had a Grammy play day.  We went to Petco and looked at all the pets, then headed to Thanksgiving Point where we had a blast!  We saw all the animals in their farm area, went on a tractor ride, and Sophie got to ride on Chief! 

 After Thanksgiving Point, we went to visit my college roommate, Cheryl at her home in Lehi.  We had a great chat catching up since we had seen each other last.  She and her husband, Cody, are preparing to leave for a two year CES mission to the Canary Islands which are a part of the Spain Madrid Mission.

 On Friday, I spent most of the day visiting with my college roommate, Jo, at her beautiful home in Highland.  This isn't her home, but it is a home in the style that I love.  The home below is pretty much my dream home!
It's not too fancy, more of a quaint cottage style, but I love everything about it.

After a wonderful visit with Jo, I headed a couple miles over and met Cindi at the Blue Lemon Restaurant in Highland.  We also had a wonderful visit.  I am definitely blessed with many great friends!



 From there, I met up with Kimiko and Jaxon in American Fork and we ate French Toast from her niece's new business venture with her husband, a French Toast and Crepe Food Truck.  It was delicious!  I hope they are hugely successful!  I took Kimiko and Jax with me and we met Tyler and his family at Jaimee's dad's house in Lehi where we all had a big sleepover!  Jaimee's dad and stepmom, Grant and Teresa, have a great house and they just finished a huge theatre in the basement.  So, after pizza and playing with the kids for a while, we put them to bed and got all comfy in our recliners and watched "Cathching Fire" on the big screen!  It was such a fun night!




 The next morning, Kimiko and I took Sophie and Jaxon to Cabela's where they fed the fish and looked at all the stuffed animals.  We watched a fish feeding in the aquarium and it was horrifying to watch as they fed cute little live goldfish to the other fish!!  We didn't stick around there for long!




After Cabela's, we met Tyler, Jaimee, and Tuck at Zuppa's for lunch.  Jaxon was so tired he was falling asleep in his chair.  Such cute kids!  I took Kimiko and Jax back to AF after that and Saturday night gave Tyler and Jaimee a night out and babysat for Soph and Tuck.  On Sunday morning, after going to an early church to take the Sacrament, I headed out to pick up Sharma at her friends house and we headed home.  It was a great trip and I was so glad we went!  Thank you Sharma for making the ride over and back so pleasant!  We talked the entire way and it went really fast as a result of all that girl talk!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan - you should change the name of the blog to Moore Traveling adventures. You guys are all over the place. Really cool that you get to spend time with the grand kids and we look forward in seeing you next week.