Eric and I still try to take our Saturday walks/hikes but with busy schedules they aren't as frequent as they were last year during Covid. We did make it up to Salt Lake one Saturday and walked up Memory Grove. Everything is super dry because we are in a draught, but it's still such a beautiful spot.
There is a giant flag hanging in Pleasant Grove in the Grove Creek Canyon. I had heard it is one of the largest American flags anywhere. They hang it there for the 4th of July and leave it up for a couple of weeks. Mike and I went to see it. It was spectacular! Mike stayed in the parking lot and chatted with some of the people who are in charge of the flag and I hiked the short distance to the flag. I had an allergic reaction to the dust or something up there and I started coughing and couldn't stop. I struggled to make it back down to the car and pretty much coughed the entire evening. Weird! I was fine the next day. Guess I won't be hiking to Battle Creek Falls (which is up that canyon) any time soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment