Ryan, Ali and their girls are moving to Nashville, Tennessee! They bought a beautiful new home on an acre in the town of Dickson. Ryan quit his job as a financial advisor and he is going to work with Ali in her Monat business. It is a big step for them and it's very exciting and we are happy for them. We will miss having them within driving distance but support them in this new adventure for their family.

Eric, his friend Isaac, and I went over to Colorado to help them move out of their house and to help Tyler move into their house. Ryan and Ali were supposed to leave the day after we got their, but happily for us, it all worked out for them to leave on Monday and we got to have the long weekend with them and with Tyler and his kids. We had so much fun and we also worked really hard. We helped Tyler pack and move out of his apartment and into Ryan's house and then on Monday, we helped Ryan and Ali with their U-Haul truck. Tyler's friend, Paul, had once owned a moving company, so he supervised the loading and he did an amazing job! The truck was loaded and they were on the road early afternoon on Monday, July 5. Ali's dad flew in on Monday and drove their RV down to Tennessee, Ryan drove the U-Haul with Ali's car on a trailer towed behind, and Ali drove Ryan's car with the girls and their dog, Rockie. Eric, Isaac and I left around 11 on Monday morning. It was a tearful goodbye but we were so glad we could be there with them for their final weekend in Colorado!
But, let's back up and take a peek at the fun weekend we had together! We worked hard every day, but we also did some fun things to break up the work. The first evening we had a fire in the firepit and relaxed and sang and just kicked back. The next day, we hiked to Helen Hunt Falls. It was beautiful. Colorado has been a lot cooler than Utah and it rained a lot while we were there. I loved every minute of it! Every thing was super green and lovely.
Everyone loved Tucker's new glasses!
It was July 4th weekend, so we decided to go to a Rockies game and they had fireworks afterwards that were fantastic. Best ever!! Eric, Isaac and I went to Longmont earlier in the day and I had lunch with my friends, Shelly Trane (Shelly's new daughter-in-law Rebecca), Sharma Robertson, Katherine Snow, and our old neighbor, Amy Rakestraw, who I hadn't seen in so long. We had such a nice time catching up and I forgot to take a picture! They are dear, sweet friends and I love them so much.
Eric showed Isaac around town and all the places we lived, his schools, jobs, etc. I think they really enjoyed having lunch in Niwot at Abo's Pizza, a favorite of the boys from their high school days.
 |
| Our Springs Place Home! It's looking good and well cared for! |
After, Longmont, we headed to downtown Denver, and explored Larimer Square a little bit before meeting the rest of the gang at Coors Field for the ball game.
On the 4th, we had a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and strawberries that Tyler provided and then he also got us the food for our BBQ which was traditional burgers and all that goes with them! We watched fireworks at Ryan and Ali's friend's house. There was also another evening of fireworks and dancing out in front of the neighbor's house. Sophie commented that she thought she was going to love the neighborhood. I know Ryan and Ali and their girls loved it and are going to miss the friends they made there. It's nice that the house gets to stay in the family. Tyler will rent it for a year which will be so nice for all of them.
I love God, my family and my country! I am so blessed to be an American and to live in this great land!
So, Monday came and we packed the truck and had to say goodbye and head on back to Utah! We sure do love these amazing people and wish them all the luck in Tennessee and Tyler and his kids in their new home.
I'll always love Colorado and I'm grateful and happy that we still have a reason to visit there! We will be back soon! xoxo
A great big welcome to Dickson, Tennessee to Ryan, Ali, Sadie, Claire, and Quinn! We hope you will love you new home and community and that they will welcome you with open arms! We will see you soon, I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment