Sunday, April 18, 2021

Adventures in Babysitting, Colorado Springs, April 2021

Ryan and Ali had a conference in Vegas for her Monat business and they asked me to come stay with the girls.  They paid for my flights, had a fridge stocked with yummy food, I got to drive a Cadillac, and I had a blast with three of our darling grandkids, Sadie, Claire and Quinn.  



The girls were so well behaved for me and so easy to care for.  They went to bed so easily and I was shocked.  Bedtime can be such a rough time trying to get everything done and settling everyone down, but they just brushed their teeth, climbed in bed, had google play bedtime music and fell asleep.  So, so lovely!

Quinny was in preschool two of the days and home with me two of the days.  Tyler treated her and I to lunch both of the days she was with me.  We ate at the View House and a Thai restaurant by his office.  It was fun to see his Pure Energy office and warehouse and to meet some of the people he works with.

I got to spend a lot of time with Tyler, Jaimee and their three kids, Sophie, Tucker and Austin.  Jaimee and I took all the kids to the Villa gym one evening to swim and they had a blast.  We went to DQ afterwards for yummy Blizzards. Such cute cousins.




When Ryan and Ali got back we got to have an early birthday party for Sophie who turns 11 on April 19th. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then went over to Jaimee’s for donuts and ice cream. She opened her presents, we played spoons and did some karaoke. Tyler wrote her a sweet song and sang it for her and embarrassed her. She’s such a darling girl!








It really was such a great week! I’m grateful I’m able to do things like this!

Hannah once said to me, “If you can only be good at one thing, be good at smiling!” I love this quote and I believe that’s a good philosophy in life. There’s always something to smile about!  My family definitely makes me smile!

💕



No comments: