I can’t believe it is September already! This has been the strangest year and in some ways the months have flown by and in other ways it seems like the past six months or so have been an eternity. We keep moving forward and try to enjoy life and make the most out of each day.
This is harder to do some days than others but it is a good goal regardless. Having family visits and things to look forward to help a lot. This week we had a wonderful visit with Glen and Kendi and their amazing kids, Carter, Bess, and Maggie. Thursday night we gathered as much family as we could to celebrate their being here. We had delicious Hawaiian Haystacks, watermelon and chocolate cake. All of it was a huge hit!
We are happy to have Becca back from London. She’s been there with Melecia and Rhett during this Covid Pandemic. She’s back for school at Weber State and she’s working at a daycare center.
We had lunch with some of the group on Friday at the Village Baker in Sandy and then Glen’s family, Becca and I went to Fashion Place Mall where they shopped for school clothes and I spent three hours buying Mike and I new phones and transferring our service over to T-Mobile. Everything takes so long, but it needed to be done so I’m glad it’s done.
Friday night was pizza, visiting, hot tubbing and a sleepover for Ellie and Reese. They are such fun cute girls and it was great for them to get to be with Maggie. They enjoyed watching the live action Dumbo movie too.
Saturday morning Glen’s family headed off to Park City to spend the weekend with Kendi’s sisters and their families and Joni picked up Ellie and Reese. I drove to Eric’s and we then drove his car to Neff’s Canyon and took a nice long hike with Bait. It was good to get some cardio and to have a good visit with him. The leaves are changing and it’s probably my favorite time of the year! I love Fall and all things Fall like pumpkins, leaves changing colors, cider, cooler weather, leaves falling, more fires in the fire pit, Halloween and Thanksgiving! It’s a pretty great season!
This week was also my sweet Cindi’s birthday so she and I had lunch at one of our favorite spots, Taqueria 27 up on Traverse Mountain. It was delicious as always and we had so much fun as always.
Not gonna lie, this week was rough for me in a lot of ways, but looking back on it and blogging about it definitely helps me feel like it was a good week after all! When I feel sad and lose hope I pray for peace and for the Lord to help carry my burdens. He hasn’t let me down yet and I’m sure He never will. I hope I don’t let Him down. Life gets pretty tough sometimes.
Never give up!















No comments:
Post a Comment