Look at all those darling babies!
Another week in quarantine! Will this pandemic ever end and will life go back to some sort of normalcy? I've been thinking of this a lot and I don't really want life to go back to the fast-paced, busy, crazy rat race lifestyle it was before. We are retired so it's not like that so much for us, but the freeways are normally packed and there are usually just so many people out there trying to get places and it's nice to just have that part of life slow down.There's nothing wrong with slowing down, staying home and families spending time together. We miss our bigger family gatherings but are so very grateful we have some family that we can be with regularly.
I'm worried that our economy will be impacted for a very long time by the shut down of so many businesses. I worry that there will be a backlash in so many different aspects of life besides the many lives affected health wise and by those who have suffered death from the virus. I keep reminding myself that God is aware and is in charge. These are the last days and things will probably get worse in a lot of ways before the Savior comes again. We have to stay on the covenant path now more than ever before. I feel the need to stay close to the Lord more than ever.
Sometimes it's hard to feel Him near. This has been an especially hard week and I have felt alone and in a very dark place. I go there sometimes and I hate it so much. I feel worthless and like a total failure, but when I go to my knees and plead for light and relief, it always comes. Sometimes not as quickly as I'd like but it always comes. This week I'm grateful for the Priesthood power of God in my home. My sweet husband suggested a blessing might help and he was right. I don't understand how it works exactly, but I know that when we call on the power of God through the Priesthood, that power comes and it heals. I know this because I have been healed this time and many times in the past.
I know that I am a child of Heavenly Parents and that I am loved by them. This keeps me going and keeps me turning towards God and my Savior every day. I need them every hour, every minute and I don't ever kid myself into thinking I can do this life alone. Why would I want to go this alone when I can draw on the powers of Heaven when I need them and I need them always!
So this past week I threw out the idea to my kids to have a team spirit week. Each day we would do something different and post pictures on our family text.
Monday-our favorite team or school apparel day
Tuesday-jammie day
Wednesday-Team Tucker day where we all wear our matching shirts
Thursday-crazy hair or hat day
Friday-zoom family talent show
Our first day looked like this:
| Hannah announced to the family that she has been accepted into the Master's of Social Work program at the University of Utah--Mike is thrilled! |
| Eric joked and announced that he was going to Harvard! He got this sweatshirt from us when we were serving our mission there. Sweet memories! |
We postponed the rest of our spirit week when we learned the very sad and devastating news that Kimiko's father, Gary Kamo, was killed in a farming accident. Todd, Kimiko and their little boys headed up to Vale, Oregon to be there for her mom, Nancy and Kimiko's family. Kimiko is extremely close to her dad (both of her parents) and this was such a shocking blow to her. She, Todd, and her whole family are in our prayers that they will feel peace and comfort from the Lord and that they will feel Gary all around them in their love for him and each other and in all their wonderful memories. I think they will probably be up there for a while.
There are so many creative people doing wonderful things during this coronavirus. Our neighborhood elementary school had a parade through the neighborhood this week. The staff and teachers drove through so the kids could see them and wave to them. It was very uplifting and made me teary!! Such a lot of love out there!
I love posting cute pictures of Violet. Here she is giving a toy steer (with horns) a hug. She loves her Papa! She is so delightful and is always such a happy little soul to be around.
One of the really sad things about this shut down is that Thanksgiving Point is closed and this is Tulip Festival time!! They are posting pictures and they are selling tulip bouquets so I bought one and got to drive over to pick it up. So lovely!
We've been watching a lot of television and one night we turned on HGTV and saw a show with Joanna Gaines cooking during quarantine at home with her kids video taping her. She made some chocolate chip cookies and Mike really wanted some (so did I) and so I whipped up a batch! Should have video taped me making them and posted it!
Is there anything better than warm chocolate chip cookies with a glass of cold milk? I don't think so!
Finally, the week ended with our Brady Sibling Saturday takeout. This week was Seafood so I ordered Seafood Alfredo from Olive Garden. It was delicious!
Here's what my siblings had:
| Bob's Jumbo Shrimp from Del Taco, in Nampa, Idaho |
| Pat's Fish and Chips from BayView Pub in Sitka, Alaska |
| Kathy's Shrimp Scampi from Biloxi, Mississippi |
| Nancy's Fish Taco and Fish and Chips from Fishy Fishy in Southport, NC |
| Southport, NC |
Another week has come and gone and we are all still healthy and trying our best to be happy and stay positive. It truly is a challenge some days. Some days are way better than others. I find it good to have things to look forward to. Our Saturday takeout has become a highlight of the week! Here's hoping that the new week brings good news and good days!
No comments:
Post a Comment