What do you do when you can't go to the Temple because it is closed? My friend, Cindi, and I decided we would go anyway. We dressed in our Sunday best and each drove separate cars to the Mt. Timp Temple. We parked in the parking lot and each separately spent 45 minutes in our own cars studying our scriptures, reading conference talks and writing in our journals while glancing up at the beautiful temple outside our front windows.
It might sound silly, but it was actually very special and we both felt renewed and spiritually fed being there and having this experience. I think we will do it again. Afterwards, we shared a little bit of what we had studied and then we got lunch together in our separate cars and ate side by side in our cars in the Kohl's empty parking lot. I highly recommend outings like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment