Sunday, April 19, 2020

Masks and Other Quarantine Activities! April 2020

It has been suggested by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) that wearing masks might help keep the virus from spreading.  I made some for some of our family and a few friends.  I'm hoping to start making them each week as part of a Relief Society project.


We miss Joni, Ellie and Reese!  They live five minutes away but we don't get to be with them.  Hope this ends soon!

Happy Birthday #10 to our sweet granddaughter Sophie!  She is a loving, smart, kind, beautiful girl and we love her so much!


 Our neighborhood had a quilt show one Saturday.  We all displayed our favorite quilts for others to walk or drive around to see.  You really get creative when you are in isolation!

These are ours!  Three antiques, one handmade one by Lorraine Cachet, a good friend from Colorado, and two baby quilts




Look closely at this one.  It's all kinds of treats!


We have some extremely talented neighbors.  I didn't make any of ours, but I sure love each one a lot!

Been playing games, doing puzzles, taking walks, making play-dough for Violet and just trying to stay busy and happy!







Today for Sunday dinner, I made my Dad's famous chili.  I can smell it warming up in the other room and it is mouth watering.  I usually just make a fast throw together chili of my own design, but I've been feeling nostalgic lately and wanted to make his again.  His recipe calls for little white pearl onions.  It's what I remember most from the many times he made it while I was growing up.  I loved them then and I love them now.  Thanks Dad for the chili and the good memories!


We teach the 13-14 year olds in Sunday School and miss them a lot during this time of having church at home.  We made up these little treats and took them around the neighborhood on our bikes to our kids!  It's the little things that mean a lot in times like this, actually any time!





No comments: