
This little girl, Cecily was hungry for her daddy. I was a combination Papa and Daddy as she called me both, and sat on my lap a lot. Rhett will be home next weekend for a few days and the kids are excited. Cecily is two. Moods vary from gentle soft sweet to a loud stubbornness.

Ralphie had surgery and wore this collar a few days. He's all puppy; gets in the mud (needs daily baths); bites and tackles. He's cute. He'll settle down with firmness and praise. He'll be a good lap dog. The children adore him. Melecia thinks liabilities of this pup exceed benefits.

Madison is taking voice lessons. Her voice is developing nicely. Her teacher provides wonderful repertoire. She and Livvy and I had fun singing the "Phantom" and Disney songs.

Young Women's Wednesday night fun was "The Beauty and the Nerd." I bet you can't tell which one's the nerd. This daddy/daughter activity included ice cream, fun games, and great socialization. There are 70 youth in this outstanding ward.

Beauty got a crown. My black socks with tennis shoes didn't show. Thanks, Rhett, for letting me borrow your nerdy clothes!

Getting Ralphie to stay in the yard was tough as he'd get out between fence posts. We stapled 24" chicken wire to the fence around a large back yard. Melecia and Garrett joined me in putting in some long hours attaching the wire in both wet and very hot humid weather. Garrett and I also played some racquetball, and won in doubles. Garrett is running for sophomore president. He's becoming quite an electric guitar player.

This was a very full ten days full of activities, talk, housework, and organizing. Cecily had a serious fall out a window onto cement ten feet below and had to be rushed to the ER. We once again realized how important Priesthood blessings are. She was okay, just a little sore from scraped leg and bump on head. It was a pleasure to visit the Thomas Jefferson estate, and my alone visit to the Holocaust Museum in D.C. was very sobering. This is a family of much love, fantastic mutual support. Melecia has earned her reputation as a saint.
8 comments:
Sounds like a nice visit Dad. I'm sure everyone was happy to see you and very excited to have Rhett back in town for a few days.
Glen
I love the beauty and the nerd activity...sounds like it was great fun!!!
We're glad that you got to spend time with Melecia and her kiddos...we definitely think she is up for sainthood...or at least a well deserved day at the spa!!!
Wow, listening to those activities wore me right out.
How do you raise such well rounded CONFIDENT children, Melecia? Garrett running for president of his classs, Madison participating in all kinds of events, and the little girls are never shy and full of so much life.
Mike, it looks like you really knew what help Melecia needed and you stepped up to get it done.
Thanks for the pictures and travel log....it was fun to read.
Kendi
That sounded like a great trip Mile. Full of fun and some work. The Beauty and the nerd looked like fun. I bet they all loved having you there and I'm sure Susan missed you at home. It's good that Rhett gets to visit every once in awhile.
I love the blog dad! We are SO happy you came, and you really helped us out - in almost every way imaginable! You're an amazing person and we love you!
-Melecia
Dad gravitates everyone to the room when he plays the piano. Thats a gift he has that I wish I had. I'm sad I won't be in North Carolina because I was really looking forward to visiting you guys with all your kids still there, I can't believe Madison is going off to college. Who knows, maybe we'll still try at the end of the summer if you guys are around.
Okay, I'm retarded. I just thought I was leaving a comment on Melecia's blog...in case you were confused. We want to visit you guys too, haha, I'm a nut job.
This may be a stupid question but what does the word verification thing do?
Thanks for responding to my very own first blog by my very own self.
Paul. Melecia answers her e-mail regularly. Susan will explain why she wants the verification. It's a safety issue.
I hope we will be able to see you guys soon here in Longmont. I made four volumes of scrapbooking that I'd like you to see. They are too heavy to take with us on trips. Hope to see you in Texas this August.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment