Sunday, April 13, 2008

April fun---2008!

Hannah got her hair cut about a month ago, but I am just getting around to posting pictures of her. She also got a few highlights! It's fun to watch her grow up into a beautiful teenage girl. She went to her second church dance last night and had a really great time. I have been trying to get my kids to go to church dances for forever and now I finally have one who loves to go!! What a treat to have a darling daughter! I adore every one of my sons, don't get me wrong, but she's like the cherry on top of the hot fudge Sundae!!





Our kids' spring break was the first week of April so we took a fun trip to the Denver Zoo! I hadn't been for a while and they've done some pretty cool additions and renovations at our zoo. Eric, Hannah, Grandma, and I spent a good part of a day enjoying the Spring weather and all the wonderful animals. We brought our own picnic lunch and ate on a bench in the zoo. It made us very happy to be outside and to have the weather be warm and sunny.


The animals were very cooperative and seemed to be echoing our sentiments that we are all glad it's SPRING!


Hannah, Eric, and Grandma in front of the Black Bears.


Peacocks strutting their stuff!


It was a wonderful day at the zoo. I oftentimes feel bad for the animals that are in zoos because they are locked up and aren't in their own natural habitats, but I really love having the opportunity to visit the zoo and to be able to see them. They are fascinating creations of our Heavenly Father and it's such a beautiful thing to see how different every animal is. I'm grateful that God created such awesome creatures to make our earth such an interesting place to live.



Mom and Mike working on a puzzle. We have done a few puzzles with mom and she really enjoys it--so do we! We have really been blessed to have her with us for the past month. She misses Dad a lot and sometimes doesn't understand what happened to him or where he has gone, but we help her to figure it out most of the time and I know the Lord is comforting her in this time of such great loss for her. She is delightful to have around. She makes us laugh with her funny faces, comments, and dancing. She really enjoys the daily concerts at the piano by Mike, Eric, and Hannah.


10 comments:

Schumanns said...

We love the zoo! Hannah-your hair looks great!I'm 31 and just recently had my first haircut and highlights! Mima's hair looks great too!
Love ya
Val

Paul and Joni said...

what a babe...in a sister kind of way. Hannah, you're still not allowed to kiss a guy until you are at least 25. And Eric looks so tall, I love the Denver Zoo.

Moore Family said...

I like how Hannah's hair looks short. Seems like I haven't done a puzzle in a long time. They're much funner to do when there is help.

Tyler and Jaimee said...

I loved going to that zoo! I have some great memories there. By the way... did you know that a giraffes heart weighs as much as a car?! haha. That is so fun I wish I couldve gone with you guys there..
So I absolutely Love hannahs hair (I know I already saw it but still). It is so cute. It makes her look so much older too, though thats probably hard to hear!

Hope to see you guys soon. Love, Jaimee

ps if Hannah is the cherry on your sundae and your boys are the ice cream, what does that make me? I'll throw colored sprinkles out there...

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Jaimee--you are definitely the colored sprinkles on my sundae! You make everything wonderful.

Love you!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Jaimee:

Did you know that a small infant can swim thru the arteries of a whale?

Anonymous said...

Hannah our hairstyles are quite similiar. I think I like it on you better though, it might have to do with the fact that your so cute and so much younger! ahhhh...I miss those days.
Glad that you had a good time at the zoo. I feel the same way you do about the animals being caged and such. Actually now that I think about it, I am not a huge fan of the zoo.
Glad that you're enjoying having your mom there. That is definately precious time that you will never regret.

Anonymous said...

We all love Hannah's haircut! She is a beautiful teenager, inside and out! The zoo looks really fun, and I know that Jean is so wonderful wherever she goes - glad she's with you right now! She and Chuck have such an amazing love - it's hard that she's without him (on earth) right now.
Love you all!
Melecia

Bob said...

LOVE the haircut Hannah. You could sport just about any look, but I think that's my favorite on you!
Give Mima a big hug and kiss from us MNBradys!

The Nannie Family said...

Great hair cut Hannah. You look great.
I'm glad you had some fun during spring break. The zoo is always a good choice. Mom looks great. It's got to be hard on her not having dad around. glad you can help her through it.
Love,
Kathy