Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ryan and Ali are ENGAGED!!!


Ryan is engaged to be married to Ali (Alexandra) Lindberg! Ali is from San Antonio, Texas where they will be married in the San Antonio Temple on August 7th! They met at Utah State University at an Aggie basketball game! Go Aggies!! Neither of them was planning on going to the game, but somehow they both "felt" they should go and so they did and well......the rest is yet to be written!

They have been talking about getting married for a few weeks now and went to look at rings a couple of weeks ago. They picked one out, but didn't buy it. Ryan told Ali that he hadn't had time to phone the ring man and get the ring ordered, but of course secretly he had and was able to propose last night (April 14, 2008) and surprise her with the ring!! They went to a very nice restaurant in Logan and then went for a walk around the Logan Temple. Earlier in the day, Ryan had taken a bouquet of roses and hidden them in a bush on the temple grounds. As they were walking and came upon the bush, he said "look at that," and he went over and retrieved the roses. Ali was so surprised!! He got down on one knee and proposed and she very happily said, "YES!"


We are so happy to welcome Ali into our family!

11 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Holy Cow! Congrats guys, thats so cool! We are really happy for you and at the same time I am TOTALLY bummed because my internship ends August 8th...you've got to be kidding. Not like we expect you to change your date for us, but first we missed Tyler and Jaimee's wedding by two days when we were only a few miles away. Now we live 3 hours from San Antonio and we'll be back a few days after you are married. But who knows, maybe I'll get fired. Congrats.

Vallente said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Good people come from San Antonio! :)

Kim said...

Congratulations Ryan. I thought I had your blog on my google reader but I guess I didn't, so I haven't seen a ton of your posts (I just thought you were busy) Love catching up. Have fun planning the wedding. All the best marriages take place in early aug. :)

Kim said...

ok so I just really read all the posts I missed. You have such a cute family. I love the pictures of Mima. Hannah looks adorb. & kudos to Eric for remembering his spanish in a pinch. I can practice on Seth but in real situations I fold.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a romantic proposal! You guys look really happy - who knew basketball could bring people together?
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congrats to both of them.
Maybe we'll have to fly into TX for the wedding and then drive over to OK where my cousin is getting married on that Sat. Carter has been asked to be the ringbearer (not LDS) so we are for sure going to be in OK on the 9th.
I know nothing about the distance though? hmmmm....

Moore Family said...

Very smooth Ryan! Girls like that romantic stuff and I'm sure you'll remember it. Congratulations.

Glen

The Nannie Family said...

That's exciting. Congrats. That was
a very romantic proposal. Way 2 go, Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Logan seems to be a great place to meet your spouse!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang, that is one good looking couple, I'm sure they'll be so happy together! Thanks everyone for your comments, this is Ryan by the way, I'm very excited and so is Ali to be a part of such an awesome family.

Anonymous said...

Yes ryan is right, i'm so excited to be a part of this great family. I love everyone that i have met so far, and can't wait to meet the rest of the family :)
Ryan is an amazing guy and i am so lucky to be his fiance. I hope most of ya'll can make it to either the wedding or the reception in colorado!