Sunday, May 18, 2008

MOORE May Madness!!

On May 29, 2008, I will kiss my Forties goodbye! This is the sad truth! I turn 50 this month!! The happy truth is that my big sister, Nancy, is giving me a "festive soiree" to celebrate the occasion. We head for California on Saturday of this week for a 2 1/2 week vacation. It is the first time in a really long time that Mike has been able to take more than a week off at a time from his work to have a family vacation! We are very excited! Eric, Hannah, Grandma, Mike, and I hit the trail in our Tahoe bound for California. We have lots of fun things planned--Disneyland, Sea World, and lots of beach time--we are hoping for some sunny days amid the May Gray and the June Gloom. Justin, Tyler, Jaimee, and Ryan are all down there working so we will be able to spend some fun time with them as well!! We wish all of our kids and grandkids could be there to enjoy this with us!


May was Hannah's month to shine. She was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society!
We are very proud of her for her hard work and for this great honor! I don't have a picture, but Eric was awarded a second year letter for academics from Niwot High School. You have to keep your GPA above 3.75 in order to get this award.

Hannah's middle school put on the musical, The Music Man!! She was Ethel Toffelmeier. Here she is dancing the "Shipoopi" with Marcellus, aka TK Coody. She really enjoyed every minute of practice and the performances. It was fun to see her getting totally into character! She still loves singing and acting above most everything else.


Ethel and Marcellus!

Happy Mother's Day! We had a very lovely day and I was so lucky and blessed to have my mother with us! She has been such a delight to have with us! She was thrilled with the gifts, cards and phone calls that she received from her children!

I had a fun day too! I got a basket and a bell for my cool cruiser bike that I got for my birthday last year! I also got a really cool whirl-a-gig that Mike picked out from the Plow and Hearth store when he was in Virginia visiting Melecia. It was especially fun for me to talk to all of my kids including Todd in Bulgaria. It is the last Mother's Day phone call before he comes home!

Hannah had her last band concert of the year this week! She has had such a wonderful band experience. Her teacher, Mr. Whisman, is probably the best teacher in the whole world and we are so lucky to have him at our school. Todd had him through middle school and Eric had him for a semester before we moved to New York. He is a very kind and caring teacher and makes middle school band the most popular class available to the students! We will miss him as this is Hannah's last year of middle school. She will go to Niwot High School in the Fall!!! I'm pretty sure I don't like the sound of that!

Yesterday morning, I went out in the front yard and this mother duck and at least 12 babies were standing right there about two feet from our front porch. I ran inside to get Mike, Mom and the kids. When we came back out they had started wandering down to the neighbors house. We followed them along for a few houses. I hope they finally found their way back to the creek. It was the cutest sight. Those babies just followed right along by her! She was a Mallard Duck and we live on Mallard Circle, so I figure she thought this is where they belonged!!

Happy May! I hope that everyone has a wonderful, safe, and Happy Summer!!

4 comments:

Bob said...

Well, you'll make a Fabulous Fifty Aunt Susan! You're just beautiful!!!

Enjoy sunny California and all the family you can visit and relax with.

And kudos to Hannah for your many talents and accomplishments!

Love,
Melissa & Bob

Cierra said...

my goodness...your family is just BURSTING with talent, good looks, and smarts! way to go! I'm excited for you to all have fun together in cali...i expect some sweet blog posts.

speaking of which, where are the Cinco de Mayo pics Susan??

The Nannie Family said...

It will be nice to see you all. Hopefully we can do some of the fun stuff with you.
We are glad you and mom had great a Mother's day.
Congrats to Hannah on all her accomplishments and also to Eric.

Anonymous said...

Susan, you look radiant - definately younger than 50! Hannah's musical looks really fun -keep dancing and singing! Also congratulations to Eric on his awards. I love your bike basket and horn. That looks like fun! We love you!
Melecia