Sunday, June 14, 2020

Logan, Emmy's Wedding, Bridge Walk, June 8-14, 2020

This was a busy, active week for us!  We have been so used to being at home for so long now that it was really different having a somewhat normal week.  We are still being careful and not going out too much and when we do we try to wear our masks, which to tell the truth, is getting harder and harder with so few people wearing them and with the weather getting hotter.  They are a bit suffocating.

Our granddaughter, Emmeline Moore, was sealed this week to her sweetheart, Austin John.  We were invited to attend the sealing in the Logan Temple.  With the Covid-19 conditions, at first only the parents were going to be able to be there, but late last week, they increased the number to 16 which included grandparents and Austin's siblings.  Emmy's the oldest so her siblings have not been endowed yet.  We were the only ones in the temple and it was so different and yet so sweet and special to be the only ones in that very sacred, holy place.

The Logan Temple is where my family was sealed for time and eternity when I was a little girl in 1966.  It is also where I received my witness that Hannah Joy would join our family.  It is a very special and sacred place for me.







After the sealing, Emmy and Austin had a ring ceremony/luncheon/reception for about 50 people at one of Steve and Jen's friend's home in Logan. They are a darling, happy couple and we wish them all the best!

We got to spend the night with Todd, Kimiko and their adorable little boys.  They always spoil us rotten with delicious food and snacks!  No matter how long we stay with them, we can be sure to put on a couple of extra pounds.  We had ribs and homemade mac and cheese for dinner and then delicous shave ice/custard treats from the Cari Anne food truck.  For breakfast, we had biscuits and gravy, eggs and pancakes with delicious homemade coconut syrup.  Yum!  Right?  Couldn't say no to any of that!

They are putting in their yard and everything looks so beautiful!  The boys loved showing us their tricks on the trampoline.  Jaxon is especially getting good at his flips and twists!  Todd is pretty impressive as well.




For my walk with Eric this week, we went to Draper to the Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge.  It was a beautiful hike with a lot of wonderful views of the whole valley.  The bridge is amazing and was just constructed in 2015.  After our walk, we had brunch at a funky little place call Root'd in Cottonwood Heights.











Other things from this week included a bike crash!  Yes, I hit a curb wrong and my bike flew out from under me and I hit the cement full force.  It was truly a miracle that I didn't break or tear something, but I just pulled my hamstring a bit and got a little bruise on my ankle.  I felt watched over on this one for sure.

I had my weekly lunch with my friend, Cindi, and this week her mom, Gwen, joined us.  She is one of the happiest, kindest, most amazing people I have ever met.  She is so positive and friendly.  She made the people at our restaurant, Super Chix, feel like they were the most amazing people and place on earth.  It comes so naturally to her too.  I want to be like her!!

Our corona virus world has turned upside down with all the protesting for Black Lives Matter.  There is now a new country, CHAZ, (Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone) in downtown Seattle.  The protestors have barricaded themselves in and declared themselves a new nation. The mayor and governor aren't as of today doing anything to stop this, except providing them with porta-potties and other necessities.  President Trump warned them that if they didn't get control of their city, he would.  Still waiting to see what happens.  There are protests all over the country and while some of it is peaceful, it is violent in many places with lives of protestors as well as police officers being taken.  It's so hard to see this happening.  I love America and I want it to be a safe place for people of all colors, races, religions, etc. I'm confused, sad, frustrated, and praying to God everyday for His divine help.  We need to put God first and follow His son, Jesus Christ.  They are the only way to true peace, freedom, and equality for everyone everywhere. 

Picture by Diana Pedott
 I end this week's blog with this beautiful rainbow of foaming hand soap.  We still wash our hands a hundred times a day and I just restocked with these beauties.  I am going to make it a good and positive week.  I will count my blessings and thank others for their kindness.  I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for this glorious world He has given us and I will do my part to do whatever He would want me to do to help keep it a wonderful world.


No comments: