I was given a fun assignment this week. I am going to work with another sister to be in charge of the bulletin boards in our area. The sister who has been doing them does a fabulous job and really goes the extra mile to make them cheerful, inspirational and beautiful! I love to decorate so this will be a fun challenge. Here are the ones that are up there now. They are awesome!
Below is a picture of our break room. We all have lockers and there's a fridge and microwave s we can eat our lunch here or go up to a larger lunchroom on the third floor which is where we usually go because it has windows. Yay for daylight! It's a little rough being underground all day, but we are getting used to it. We are getting to know our fellow basement dwellers and we love them all so much.
Monday night was out Hail and Farewell Dinner for our branch. It celebrates all the people coming in and those that are going home. It's a big potluck and we sing a little hello song and a farewell song and all the young Elders sing "Called to Serve" and we join them for the second verse. It's a lot of fun and a great way to get to know others in our mission.
Tuesday is our half day off for temple and personal research. We chose to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It is so beautiful. One of my favorites so far. It is on a bluff and has fabulous views of the mountains. The interior is really pretty. I absolutely loved it!
Before we went to the temple we drove through the Daybreak community which is where the temple is and went through several model homes. It's one of my hobbies, haha, and Mike enjoys it too. I love the home styles in Daybreak. They remind me very much of our Watersong neighborhood at home.
Wednesday, Hannah and Chase got to bring darling Violet home! What a blessed day that was. It was a long stay in the NICU and we are all so grateful for the wonderful care she received there, but so happy she is home! She came home with a little oxygen help for a while and she's on a monitor to be sure she's getting enough oxygen and to keep track of her heart rate. She's healthy and gaining weight and off to a great start.
She is so precious! I got to go to Provo Thursday and Friday to help Hannah out while Chase was at work. It was so wonderful to be there watching my little girl take care of her little girl. I had to pinch myself several times to be sure it was all real. Hannah is an amazing first-time mother. She's very calm and soothing with her baby girl. She has had so much stress the past few weeks, but she handles it like a pro. She is an inspiration to me. I'm so proud of her. It's fun to watch Chase step right in when he comes home and in the night too. They are both so completely devoted to this new little member of their family. It is a wonderful thing to be a part of!
Friday was Violet's first visit with her pediatrician, Dr. Bartholomew in Orem, Utah. I was happy I was there to help Hannah with her first outing. It's kind of a big deal taking a brand new preemie baby out when it's raining and freezing cold and she has an oxygen tank, a monitor, and a diaper bag and of course a car seat carrier that weighs almost as much as Hannah! It was a miracle getting out of the apartment, into the car, out of the car, into the doctor's office and then repeat backwards! Yikes! They are really looking forward to the day when the monitor and oxygen are no longer needed.
(Hat and blanket made by Grammy)
While I was at Hannah and Chase's, I did a little grocery shopping and cooking for them and I chuckled when I saw this in the Macey's grocery store! Only in Utah!!
My brother Pat sent this to us this week. He's been going through some of our parents papers and files and he's found some interesting things to share with us. I love this so much and I'm really looking forward to the box full of stuff he's sending my way.
Spring has sprung! Although it is snowing today again, Spring is starting to literally pop up all around us! It is such an amazing time of year and I am so grateful to be where I can see the evidence of new life everywhere!
On Friday night, I got to have a fun surprise visit with my brother, Bob, his wife Lydia, and some of their family at their son Spencer and daughter-in-law Brittany's beautiful new home in Vineyard, Utah. It was Becca's birthday and it was fun being able to be there for her birthday celebration.
On Saturday morning, Mike and I picked up our darling granddaughters, Ellie and Reese, for a fun outing to the aquarium in Layton. We all had a blast together. They are such lovely little girls and so well behaved. It was a delight to be with them.
Mike is feeling much better this week and we are so grateful for that. He has been working hard to catch up on his training and to help guests at the library. He helped a lady from Mexico on Friday and she was so grateful. It's a marvelous place to be and we look forward to serving each day! I'm so grateful everyday for all my many blessings!

No comments:
Post a Comment