Our other little miracle baby, Jordan continues to do great also! We are amazed by these strong little fighters. They are such a joy and bring such happiness to our lives.
Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and since I am part Irish I like to get into the spirit of the celebration. This week Mike has been sick with a bad cough and cold so we didn't really get to do much of a celebration (we did have yummy green, thin mint cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy) so I'm adding this picture from a couple of years ago. Hope it was a happy day for you!
This week was also Pi Day, so I got a $3.14 pizza at a local pizza shop. It seems like there's something to celebrate every day! Happy Birthday to my oldest son who made me a mom, Justin! He shares his birthday with Pi Day!
This week I got to help a couple of people do a little bit of work on Family Search. I can't express enough what a good feeling it is when you can connect people with their family members. This sweet lady came in and wanted to see if I could help her recover her account, which we did successfully, and if I could help her enter her parents onto her family tree, which we also did successfully. She was so tickled. She kept saying, "This is so much fun, isn't this so much fun?" It was fun. We love what we are doing. We are becoming more and more comfortable with our surroundings and love the people we are working with. It's a great place to be. We work on B-1 and our motto is Be One on B-1. It truly is an amazing place to serve.
Hannah and I had a big tender mercy experience this week that I would like to share. Hannah really would love to have Violet blessed in the little handmade (by Nancy Vinton) dress that she was blessed in 24 years ago. We left for Brazil before we knew that Hannah was expecting a baby so didn't even think to get that dress out. She asked me the other day if there was anyway we could get it and I said I could ask our renter to go down in the storage room in our basement and look in the box that I thought it was probably in. Our basement is packed to the gills with all of our belongings so the first tender mercy is that I could remember where it might possibly be. I asked our renter, Ginny, and she said she would try to look for it. Second tender mercy was that her twin baby boys both fell asleep at the same time which I guess is rare for them and she was able to go down and look for it. Third tender mercy was that she found it! She said she only had to look in a couple of boxes right around where I said. She found the bonnet, slip and dress all in great condition and is going to send them over. We are so happy and grateful for tender mercies!!
Easter is in two weeks! We are anxiously awaiting Spring here. There are signs all around, like daffodils and tulips aplenty, but it is still pretty chilly! Hoping for some nicer days this week. This time of year is always so wonderful. It is a time for buds, flowers, baby birds, and everything in the world around us seems new and fresh. It is a time to focus on the Savior's Atonement. We think of Him and how He made it possible for us to be forgiven of all of our sins and we have the chance to live with our Heavenly Father again someday after our life here is through. He broke the bonds of death and was resurrected and we too will be resurrected because of him. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him for all He was and all He is. He is my elder brother, my friend and my Lord. I want to be like Him and I want to show Him my love by serving Him every day. I can serve Him by loving others and by treating others the way He would. I love the following statement by Elder Dallin H. Oaks:
This is how we get through all the hard trials in our lives. Our Savior knows us all and can help us because He knows our pains and our sorrows and He is there for us....Always!
Have a wonderful week and look around for Spring!! It's everywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment