Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Fun September-October 2011

One day we just wanted to go up to the mountains and enjoy the beauty up there so we made a picnic lunch and headed up to Brainard Lake.  Lots of people had the same idea, the parking areas were packed. We finally found a spot and hiked up to a really pretty spot, then had our lunch and then came home.  We are always amazed at the beauty that is so close to where we live.



For Homecoming this year, Hannah got all dressed up and she and some friends went to Boulder.  They ate at the California Pizza Kitchen and then went to see Lion King in 3D.  She had a lot of fun!  Homecoming has changed a lot since I was in high school!


I was sitting down by the creek behind our house reading a book and this fellow was standing in the creek just a little ways upstream!  He made me very happy!  Then this fisherman came walking down the bank and asked if he could fish in the creek right by the waterfall we had built!  I was thrilled and watched as he promptly caught a little trout!  I don't know about you, but it's these kind of little things that make me really happy!  I love where we live so much!  I'm so grateful for all my blessings!


After morning session of General Conference on Sunday, October 2, 2011, we took a quick drive up through Boulder Canyon and back down through Ward, Colorado to see the colors!  It was a beautiful day in the Rocky Mountains!

No comments: