Monday, October 5, 2009

Niwot Homecoming and Moore Fall Fun!

It's Fall and a perfect time for a drive in the Rocky Mountains! A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, Mike woke me up early and said that he had a great idea. "Let's let the kids sleep in and you and I jump in the car and go up to Rocky Mountain National Park." So we did! We stopped in Estes Park and had a delicious breakfast at The Egg and I and then drove into the park. The leaves had started to change and it was a beautiful drive. We stopped in Hidden Valley and took a short hike. It was above 9,000 feet and we were both found ourselves winded in just a short time! We had a really fun time together and got home just after Eric and Hannah had gotten up for the day!
The views in the Park are spectacular!

The beautiful golden Aspen trees.
The afternoon was spent getting ready for the Homecoming Dance! Hannah went with a group of nice kids including her good friends, Lindsay and Maddy.
Eric's date was the Homecoming Queen, Maggie Pearson! She is a really sweet girl and they had a really nice time together. They also went in a group with lots of other kids.

Eric and Hannah both looked so nice. They are so nice!

Hannah and Lindsay Saunders

The group. They met for pictures, then headed to Chili's for dinner and then on to the dance.
I think everyone had a good time.

Eric and Maggie


Eric's group met for pictures, then went to Pinnochio's, a local Italian restaurant for dinner.
Everyone had a good time and they were home by 11:30! Phew!

9 comments:

The Nannie Family said...

Great idea Mike going to the Rocky Mountains. It is wonderful.
Great homecoming pictures. Wow, Eric, the homecoming queen.Isn't she lucky.
Hannah you looked great. It's nice you had a big group to go with.

Moore Family said...

What time to Eric and Hannah wake up?! It's nice that you and Dad do little random things together like that. Dad is quite the Romeo.

Eric and Hannah look good and sounds like they had a good time. Eric's date is smiling from ear to ear so Eric must have been doing something right. :)

Glen

Paul and Joni said...

Atta boy Eric, Hannah you look beautiful too. I was thinking the same thing Glen, what time do Hannah and Eric wake up if you guys went on a hike at Estes Park and came back?

I love/miss the mountains.

Cierra said...

awww i love that you and mike do such fun and spontaneous things together! i hope alfredo and i are like that in 20 more years!

hannah and eric sure are the school dance masters! it seems like they are going to a different dance every weekend! and they always look great. (plus, i admire hannah for always dressing so modestly while still looking so stylish and beautiful! she is a fashion diva! )

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Eric and Hannah probably slept in until about 11 and we got home around 2. I must admit that Eric has been known to sleep as late as 1 or 2 in the afternoon though. It's cool and dark in the basement and easy to sleep in especially on a Saturday morning when they've been getting up at 5:20 all week for Seminary.

Susan

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Eric and Hannah both look so classy in there homecoming get-up. Looks like they had a good time!

Kendi said...

Your mountains look beautiful. I feel so lucky to have them right in our backyard. We need to take more advantage of them being so close though.

I agree with everyone's comments on just how great both the kids look. Can you believe this is Eric's last year? Has he decided about school yet?
Tell Hannah I love her dress and hair. She looks great!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Eric is getting a lot of letters from different Universities. He seems to be most interested in Medical school which means my alma mater U of U. He's also interested in Utah State and BYU. I'm very proud of their modesty and good choice of friends at Niwot and church. And yes, Glen, you can call me Romeo because I am one of those. Romance-a-lot is my other name. I have happy memories talking to you about your creative dates with girls. I hope you and Kendi are enjoying the continuation of that practice.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Eric and Hannah look great, and it looks like they were with a fun group of kids! That's cool that Eric's date was the queen! I also liked your idea of getting up for a hike before dawn. Someday that will be us! You all sound good!
Love,
Melecia