Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Moore Fall Fun--October 2009

We had our annual "Scary Halloween Dinner" last night for FHE. Didn't have too much time to pull it off this year since I just got back from a last minute trip to Utah yesterday afternoon. It's good to have traditions and this is one that we have had for many, many years, so I couldn't let it slide. Besides, it's Eric's last Halloween at home before he heads out into the world!
Last Monday, I had a thought to go to Utah and help Tyler and Jaimee with some house hunting. I thought about driving and then decided against that and thought that if I could get a good last minute airfare then I would go. I didn't have anything major on the calendar here, so it really was a perfect week to take off. I checked with Southwest Airlines and they had a $39 fare there and $44 for the way back. That was with 1-day notice! I couldn't believe my luck, so I booked it, took care of business here, packed, and Tuesday morning at 6 am, I was on my way to SLC!
I got to look at a lot of houses and if anyone knows me well, you know that is not a tough thing to ask of me! I loved every minute of it. They were getting kind of tired of it since they have been looking for a while now. I think I added a new, fresh perspective and hopefully was helpful to them.
While I was there, I also got to spend some time with Ryan and Ali, Glen, Kendi and kids and Todd and Kimiko. We have such a great family and I'm so happy when I can be with any of our family members.

Saturday afternoon, some of us went to Gardner's Village in West Jordan. It was a great Fall day and they had a scavenger hunt for witches set up throughout the village. It kept us all entertained as well as looking in some of the cute shops.

Here we are with a witch that needed a hug!

Bess and Uncle Tyler

Saturday was also Kimiko's birthday! She and Todd met Tyler, Jaimee and I at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then we all came back to Tyler and Jaimee's apartment for cake and ice cream. I forgot about candles, so Tyler and I used lighters while we all sang to Kimiko.

Happy Birthday to Kimiko!



It was a really fun and successful trip to Utah! I got to visit the Family History Center in downtown Salt Lake. I enjoyed that a lot and was able to do a little research on our family tree!
Great trip, but as always, I'm glad to be back home!

6 comments:

Cierra said...

the halloween dinner looks pretty awesome to me! (very impressive for a last-minute thing)

glad you got to visit the family and spend kimiko's birthday with her. her short hair cut looks great on her!

love you!
cierra

The Nannie Family said...

Glad you got to go to Utah. Sounds like a fun trip.
Great job on the Halloween dinner.
I will miss Nancy's Halloween bash.
What are Eric's plan's?

Moore Family said...

I really like your Halloween party idea. You guys went all out!

I'm glad we got to see you while you were here and it's always nice to see Tyler and Jaime. Wish we could have seen Todd, Kimiko and Ryan too... next time.

Glen

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you found those Southwest tickets. I hope Tyler and Jaimee are finding something good for their growing family. I am hooked on those house hunting shows! I'm sorry Madison didn't get together. She said you asked - I think she is having so much fun being independent, she's reluctant to see any adults. Sorry about that! It looks like Tyler has more hair and Kimi has less - I love her new haircut!
Happy Halloween!
Love,
Melecia

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Mission accomplished! Tyler and Jaimee found an ideal townhouse and got an offer accepted. It's ideal for a new family. Susan always knows how to make things better for people. We love her so. We're glad she could spend time with those people we love so much in Utah. Now with new babies coming and our family living all over the country, we'll be planning a trip when the weather gets good next year.

Love, Mike

Mike

Kendi said...

Thanks for coming, we had a fun time with you. Glad you made it back just in time for your halloween dinner!