Eric and Hannah started back to school on Thursday, August 19th. Eric is now officially a high school senior and Hannah is officially a high school sophomore! They amaze me in how dedicated they are at getting up for Seminary every morning! 5 a.m. is soooo early to be getting up! I think they are off to a good start and hopefully this will be a great year for both of them.



And now for some really big news! I officially graduated from BYU on August 14, 2009. I have a Bachelor's of General Studies Degree and I am absolutely thrilled about it. It was a lot of hard work, but I think it was definitely worth the effort.
Since we were all in Logan for Todd and Kimiko's wedding and then off to our family reunion at Bear Lake, I decided not to "walk" at the official commencement exercises at BYU! So my awesome family decided to surprise me at our reunion with my very own private graduation ceremony.
So, they made me my very own cap and gown and they all hummed pomp and circumstance as I descended the stairway.
Tyler acted as the dean of my college, said a few words and presented me with my diploma!
I gave a little speech and then tossed my cap into the air and the crowd went wild! Needless to say, I was very touched by this outpouring of love and support from my family. I encourage everyone to get as much education as you can and prepare yourself for whatever might come along in your lives. I don't know for sure what I'll do with my degree, but just knowing I have it to fall back on means a lot to me.



And now for some really big news! I officially graduated from BYU on August 14, 2009. I have a Bachelor's of General Studies Degree and I am absolutely thrilled about it. It was a lot of hard work, but I think it was definitely worth the effort.
Since we were all in Logan for Todd and Kimiko's wedding and then off to our family reunion at Bear Lake, I decided not to "walk" at the official commencement exercises at BYU! So my awesome family decided to surprise me at our reunion with my very own private graduation ceremony.
So, they made me my very own cap and gown and they all hummed pomp and circumstance as I descended the stairway.
Tyler acted as the dean of my college, said a few words and presented me with my diploma!
I gave a little speech and then tossed my cap into the air and the crowd went wild! Needless to say, I was very touched by this outpouring of love and support from my family. I encourage everyone to get as much education as you can and prepare yourself for whatever might come along in your lives. I don't know for sure what I'll do with my degree, but just knowing I have it to fall back on means a lot to me.
7 comments:
Way to go Aunt Susan! Congratulations! That is just wonderful!! And what a great family for giving you a celebration! I cannot believe how big eric and hannah are!!
Sounds like the best graduation ceremony ever, not too long and right to the point and FUN!
Congrats!!!
way to go graduate!! WAHOOOO! you did it! i am so happy for you...such a wonderful accomplishment. and yes, i agree, that was the best ceremony ever! who needs hour long boring speeches and to hear a million other stranger's names called to walk across the stage?? everyone should get their own personal ceremony like you!
p.s. eric and hannah have such great style! i love their back to school outfits!
Congrats!! That is awesome. (I'd rather have my own personal ceremony than participating in commencements anyways!)
Congrats, Susan. All this time I thought you graduted a long time ago. That is wonderful and great that your family did that for you.
Eric and Hannah look great. Amazing that Eric will be 18 soon.
Good luck you 2.
Congratulations Susan!! What a huge, amazing accomplishment! How special to celebrate with your family, and how thoughtful of them to throw a surprise graduation for you.
Congratulations, Susan!! That is quite an accomplishment!
Post a Comment