Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, MOM!

Today was Mom's 86th Birthday! She was tickled to have a little family birthday party and loved her chocolate cake and her pretty new sweater! We had spaghetti and meatballs which is what I requested for my birthday every year when I was a kid! The cake was actually a yellow cake with chocolate frosting--another blast from my childhood, made exactly the way she used to make it!

Our cute girls!

She's excited to have a lunch date tomorrow with her girlfriends. It's the lunch group that she belonged to back when she and dad had their home and were in the Longmont 2nd Ward.
We love you, Mom! Happy Birthday!


7 comments:

Bob said...

Happy Birthday Mima!

Jenny Moore said...

Cute birthday party.
Birthdays are fun no matter what age you are!!!

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMA! We love you!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Happy Birthday Grandma!! We love you lots. Looks like tons of fun!

The Nannie Family said...

Looks like it was a great day. It was fun talking to you. Love you lots.

Vallente said...

Happy Birthday Mima!! You are so beautiful! Love you lots!
Karen, Clifford, Azakiah, Kalipona, Naisin and Mayumi :D

Cierra said...

Mima is my birthday twin!! I have always loved sharing my day of birth with my wonderful, beautiful, hilarious Mima! I am so honored to have Jean as my middle name.

I remember when I turned 7 and Mima turned 70! I am grateful that Mima was spoiled on her special day just like she deserves. You can just tell from the pictures that she is so happy there with all of you! Her sweater is adorable and her birthday meal and cake sounds yummy!

Give Mima a BIG hug from me!

Love,
Cierra