Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Pumpkin Carving Time!

For Family Home Evening tonight we carved pumpkins and made caramel apples! Some traditions are just too good to ever stop! We haven't traditionally made the apples before, but it could be the start of something new!






These cute little jack-o-lanterns were grown in our garden! How fun is that? I told everyone they should name their pumpkins something that started with Jack. I dibbsed Jack Sparrow, Hannah's is Jack, the Pumpkin King, Eric didn't say a name, and Mike chimed in with, I'm calling mine a Jack-A__(bleep)! Now there's a Mikeism for you!!


Good thing she has an ortho appointment tomorrow to straighten up everything she knocked loose! Oh well, she deserves a sticky, gooey apple after nearly three years in braces!!

Some FHE's are just more successful than others. This one was great!!



Happy Halloween!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, some traditions are just too good to ever stop! Those are really cute pumpkins by the way. We've painted ours but hope to carve some this year too (when our toddlers are sleeping:-). And those apples....I'm getting hungry!

Paul and Joni said...

I'm still laughing about that Jack A bleep comment, I don't know what he said but I have an idea.

Kim said...

We made carmel apples and watched the the charlie brown show (inspiration for ben's costume) here in HB that's the only way you know different holidays are here.

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT blog! Loved the pictures and the Jack-O-Lantern names. Sounds like you have lots of fun.

Marissa said...

susan...sweetest face you are making in that last one! Now I know you are definitely from the blood of mima and my mom!

The Nannie Family said...

Apples do look yummy. The pumpkins are cute. I do like your names. I think we were all surprised at the name you chose!
We need big pumpkins for our designs, we are going to do them on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry for caramel apples!!!
Looks like a fun evening!!

Anonymous said...

How come your and Hannah's hair looks different and I just saw you a couple weeks ago?

I have a love hate relationship with carving pumpkins...you know the stinky, messy, yucky stuff isn't fun but it's great to see them all lit up.
I also love the names and they suit you all so WELL! I called Glen at work today and he answered the phone laughing. I asked what he was laughing about and he said it was your blog. YOu should be happy you made someone laugh today, well you or your husband, right!

Cierra said...

i second marissa's comment susan! so awesome...

that is so much fun that you grew your own pumpkins, i bet it made it that much better to carve them and display your literal "handwork."

and man, those apples are killing me right now. i guess i should not check out blogs when im hungry...

Cierra said...

p.s. tell hannah i have felt her pain with the whole braces and yummy gooey foods thing. 3 years huh? sounds like she belongs in our family...most of us kids had braces for so stinkin long. i think i had them for 3 and summer for 4 years or so. Its all worth it in the end.

Melecia said...

I love the pictures and we love you! You guys make every holiday so nice!
Love,
Melecia