
We had a fun birthday celebration for Mike! He loved hearing from the far away kids and enjoyed dinner, cake, and ice cream with those of us who are here. He had requested Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner, but I surprised him with crab legs, baked potatoes, and Johnny Carino style wedge salads. Ummmm!
This past weekend was Niwot's homecoming. Eric is in the singing group, "Evenstar" at Niwot and they performed the National Anthem at the start of the game. Eric didn't stand out at all!!
Mike and I took a turn selling concessions at the homecoming game to earn money for the tennis team. It was a lot of fun, kind of stressful making so much change at such a fast pace, but still fun. At one point, I turned around to the other helpers and with a huge grin said, I love this! This is so much fun!!" They all looked at me like, "You really need to get a life!" I said I should probably get out more and maybe get a job at McDonald's or someplace where I get to make change and serve food quickly!! I was exhausted at the end of our shift! We took our hotdogs, drinks, and popcorn up to the bleachers and watched sadly as the Cougars got beat. It was fun watching the band and the dance team perform.
The dance was held on Saturday night at the school. Eric didn't take a date (although I know it looks like he did.) He just went with this group which included this other single girl. He said he had a lot of fun and danced the night away with a lot of different girls. Mike and I went to eat at Red Robin and there must have been 100 Niwot homecoming kids there eating. I'm sure Eric was grateful that his group chose to eat elsewhere so I wasn't all in his face with my camera while he was trying to eat!


8 comments:
Have you ever tried the Red Robin burger?..I crave it all the time. It has an egg and bacon on top of a hamburger. That does look fun to do concessions.
We've been to Red Robin before and really enjoy several varieties of their burgers. I tried macaroni with chicken and bacon bits last time. It was new on the menu and very good. Susan did a burger, but not one with an egg in it. We'll have to try that. The concession two hour shift was a blast. Now I know why basic math was taught in the schools. We didn't do so bad once the importance of our responsibility started getting to us. Dad
Looks like a date to me. It's kind of fun just dancing with alot of different people. Just think in less than a month he can date legally. Does Niwot charge a hugh fee for the homecoming dance? Devin didn't go to Torrance's homecoming because thay wanted $40 just to get in.
Concession sales looked fun. Who took the pictures?
I miss growing things in my garden, looks like yours did great.
Sounds like you had a great birthday, Mike.
Kathy:
Homecoming was $5. Prom is the rip-off!! I don't think he can go to that until he's a junior though, unless a junior or senior girl asks him! Scott Jones took the pictures (remember the Jones' down the street with the 4 little boys, well not so little anymore--Eric's friend, Nick?).
Looks like fun working the concession stand!!
Eric's looking good. Pink must be the "in" color right now, huh? Retro. Sounds like you guys are having fun, I love the changing seasons.
man you guys have your own little farm there...im jealous.
and i love those pics of you two in the concession stand. so cute!
it looks like you changed your hair again (cut and color?) and i must say i LOVE it! you look so fresh and youthful and fun! (well you are anyways aren't you??)
I'll take a quarter pounder with no onions extra cheese. Super size fries with a side of tartar sauce...yummy, and a chocolate shake. Did you get that Aunt Susan? No, I didn't say super size sprite...I said super size fries, you guys always get that mixed up. Just giving you some practice Aunt Susan.
Post a Comment