We rode bikes from Nancy's house in Huntington Beach to Balboa Peninsula. We rode along the boardwalk past Newport Beach and stopped for breakfast on the beach at the Stuft Surfer.
Once we got to Balboa, we rode around looking at all the beautiful homes and dreamed of life on the beach!! Aaaah! We wheeled our bikes onto the ferry and rode over to Balboa Island. We did more looking at the wonderful homes and shopped at all the fun little Balboa shops. The only downside to the day was riding home--we had to go about 10 miles facing the wind, and it was sooo windy! It about killed us, but it was sooo worth it!
We spent a whole day at a Laguna Beach Spa, The Montage! It was like a day in heaven. I have never felt so pampered!! We laid out by the pool and were waited on with lemon water, and smoothie samples, then lunch on the patio (lobster salad for me), then more lounging, then the jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and then our hour long treatments (massage for me), then a dip in the pool and then finally we had to leave--we loved it so much. I do have to say that my dear sweet husband gives as good or better a massage as this high paid, trained masseuse. She was good though and I loved every minute of it.
Views from the Montage! It was literally on the beach. We saw whales spouting while we were eating our lunch!
Crystal Cove is a cluster of beach cottages that are being restored and rented for overnight stays. It's becoming very popular and very hard to get a spot, but we did get to have a lovely breakfast at the Beachcomber Restaurant that sits right on Crystal Cove Beach. Maybe someday we'll be able to stay in a cottage with some of our family along!!
This is the Crystal Cove cottage that was actually used in the movie "Beaches" with Bette Midler.
We spent a day in Laguna Beach shopping and eating in wonderful restaurants. We got to see the muscials, Mama Mia and Menopause. Both were fabulous. We spent a day at the beach just laying on the sand and reading our books. We got to spend a day looking at model homes (some starting in the low 7 millions, can you imagine?) We watched a couple of movies at home and went to the theater to see "No Reservations." We didn't have popcorn---we had See's chocolates!!! I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
This is the Crystal Cove cottage that was actually used in the movie "Beaches" with Bette Midler.
We spent a day in Laguna Beach shopping and eating in wonderful restaurants. We got to see the muscials, Mama Mia and Menopause. Both were fabulous. We spent a day at the beach just laying on the sand and reading our books. We got to spend a day looking at model homes (some starting in the low 7 millions, can you imagine?) We watched a couple of movies at home and went to the theater to see "No Reservations." We didn't have popcorn---we had See's chocolates!!! I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. If you ever need ideas on great vacations, I suggest you talk to my sister! She is so good at planning a fantastic time.
I need to thank Dale, Nancy's husband for going to Africa with their youngest son, Sam, on a 2 1/2 week medical mission for making this whole week possible. We had the house to ourselves and like I said no responsibilities, no schedules to follow except for fun things to do from the minute we woke up to the time we went to sleep. I also want to thank my adorable husband, Mike for letting me go and letting me spend the money and he never even questioned what I was spending (I guess he trusts me)! He is a great guy and I love him so much!!
Lastly, thank you Nancy!
11 comments:
Sounds like you 2 had a great time. It sounds like a week made in heaven for the both of you. Good thing I left town because there is no way I could have afforded a week like that but it's nice to know other people can. I guess I could have done a few things. The pictures were great.
How fun!Next you'll have to plan a party week for all the Brady girls, you party animals.Glad you had such a great time.We are actually on the waiting list for one of those 7 million dollar homes but for some reason they haven't called us back....
Love ya!!
Val
You had me excited until you mentioned "Menopause" and "Beaches" with Bette Midler. But all that matters is that you had fun and now you can enjoy your beautiful, sunny, thin air in Colorado...lucky.
It was so nice to see you for a little bit. Our little London loves you ever since the wedding and was excited to get to see you.
It defiantly sounded like a good weekend even if my mom never returned my phone calls.
-seth
yesss!! you posted the pictures! i was waiting for them...well, all i have to say is that i am extremely jealous and wish i could have been there for all of it! pure BLISS!
p.s. i dont know about you, but i would think going to a nude beach would be considered "not in standards" how come you left that part out aunt susan??
We all knew better than to call you two or ask to be included in any of your wild outings...no kids allowed. You girls deserved it. I'm with cierra in that I'm sure there are stories that aren't included and for seth's sake i'm glad...but i like juicy details so one of you can fill me in:)
Your trip looks "dreamy." Glad that you enjoyed your time with just your sister. Things like that don't happen enough so bloggin about it is a good way to go back to that time!
Everyone has already said everything but let me ditto them all! How fun!
Much love, karen
It's a trip that dreams are made of!!
I'll have to tell Jess to get busy and get a huge house by the beach so I can go visit her!!!
Glad you had such a good time...sisters are the best!
It looks so fun! Sounds like Laguna really caters to tourists but in a non-tacky way! I'll bet you had a blast! The spa sounds really wonderful. Every R.S. president and mother needs that every so often!
Love,
Melecia
umm, you forgot to mention the best part. when you came to my house and I was very hospitable and made you tea and crummpets, gave hair massages, and painted your nails. Geesh Susan, how soon we forget.....
Post a Comment