Sunday, November 28, 2021

September 2021, Bear Lake/Simmons, Park City/D&V, Real Estate

 Our dear friends, Janice and Cal Simmons, have a timeshare at Bear Lake that they go to with their kids over Labor Day weekend every year.  They had a couple of extra days after their kids went home and they invited us up to stay with them.  We had a great time and it was a great time to go because all of the summer crowds were gone.  We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.  We enjoyed visiting, walking by the lake, lunch at a wonderful restaurant that overlooks the lake, mini golf, and relaxing!











Hoping that this might become a tradition for us and the Simmons!  We love them and we love Bear Lake--perfect combination!

David and Viera and I met with a builder in Salem and they decided to buy a lot and build a house!  We have been looking at houses since last November and they haven't been able to find just what they want.  Well they felt good about Seth Scott and his X3 Homes and are moving forward!  

They went home after making that decision and then came back a couple of weeks later to meet with Seth and the architect to talk about changes.  We had some fun with them while they were here.  One day we drove up to Park City and ate lobster rolls at Freshies!  Mike has been wanting them for a while so we finally got them.  They are $35 each so we certainly don't get them very often!  They are super good though.  Then we wandered up and down Main Street in Park City.  







We went in to a few art galleries and these were in one of them!  I love Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, one of my favorite movies growing up and I had a big crush on Robert Redford!



 One of the best parts of being a realtor, is going to see gorgeous homes!  One of the realtors in our office, Angie Simons and her husband built a beautiful parade of homes house that wasn't quite finished for the parade, but they had an open house for it when it was completed.  It is a fabulous home and they are selling it for $4.2 million!  David, Viera, Mike and I went to see it.  They were taking notes of things they might do in their home.






How I would feel if I sold a $4.2 million dollar house!


Another fun thing about my job is the great activities we do together!  I went to the annual First Colony Mortgage softball tournament again this year and wore a jersey, but decided to cheer instead of play (due to the multiple injuries I incurred while playing last year).  We have a great group of people working at my office and I love them all! We also get to meet and interact with a lot of people in the mortgage industry and inspectors, home warranty companies, staging companies, etc.



9/11/2001 is a day we remember every year!  It was when terrorists attacked our country and destroyed the World Trade Centers, and killed thousands of our people there and at the Pentagon and on an airplane in Pennsylvania that was headed to the White House (I think).  It was a dark day, but we came together as a country and we will never forget!


Two teams, one heart!  We are proof that you can believe in different things and support different teams, or candidates, or causes and still love each other!









No comments: