I got back from my Texas, Tennessee trip on Monday, August 16th and on Tuesday, we went to see a BYU's Vocal Point Concert which was part of BYU Education Week. It was a lot of fun! Such talent!
My four boys are part of a fantasy football league and every year they have a draft party to pick their teams and to get together with each other and friends. This year they went to Jackson Hole and came and stayed with us before and after! Todd joined them the next day.
When they came back on Sunday, Ryan and Tyler stayed overnight again and left on Monday. Justin caught a flight back to Texas on Sunday. We had a family gathering for Sunday dinner that was really fun. Here I am with two of my matchy granddaughters, Meggy and Violet. There were a few others who wore black and white stripes as well. Glen and Kendi's family were also here bringing Carter to college at UVU (Utah Valley University) in Orem. It was a great big group and we loved it!
I got my first listing in August! Eric's friend from his Vivint job, and her husband, Kathryn and Michael Gordon, decided to move to Ohio and I got to be their realtor! Thanks, Eric, for the referral! It was such a wonderful experience from start to finish. We met and signed some papers, I went through the house and gave them my ideas on what needed to be done before pictures and the open house and they did everything and the house looked amazing! We had pictures on a Tuesday, listed it on a Thursday, had about 20 showings before the Saturday open house, then the open house which about 80-100 people came to, and then 10 offers and under contract for $27,000 over list price on Tuesday morning.
The whole process after it went under contract was incredibly smooth as well. The buyers were highly motivated and didn't ask for anything to be fixed (it was in really good condition though) and it appraised at what they offered and closed in just over three weeks. It was a dream for a first listing. Michael and Kathryn were so happy and so was I! We listed the home on August 19 and it closed on September 13.
 |
Michael and I at closing with our escrow officer, Eden
|
This is the watercolor painting that my niece, Marissa, painted. It was my closing gift to them and they loved it. Marissa is so talented!!
Another fun August adventure was our ERA mid-year meeting at the Larry Miller Megaplex in Sandy. We had lots of pep talks and awards and I won an ERA baseball cap for singing a little ditty about ERA. It was pretty hilarious! I love my company!
My friend, Carol Sessions, texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the hot springs cave up at the Homestead Resort in Midway, UT. I jumped at the chance and we had a great time! Sometimes you just have to get out there and do some of the fun local things!
Always fun to go to Thanksgiving Point with Violet! She loves riding the ponies so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment