Monday, September 13, 2021

Summer Visit to San Antonio 8/6-11/21

 Haven't been to see Justin's family in a bit, so I decided to take a little trip down to Texas to spend a little time with them. This was the air quality in Utah when I left! We have been so badly affected by the fires in California, Oregon, and Washington this summer. It was nice to leave the smoke behind for a few days.


I had a wonderful time with Justin and his darling family.  We swam, ate yummy food, explored a fun little country town, had a fun visit with my friend, Kym, and just relaxed and enjoyed the change of pace and a little summer vacation.

Yummy açaí bowls



Their home is so beautiful. Mega thought of everything and it looks like it should be in the parade of homes!

The name of their street is Running Fawn! So perfect!


One of my longest and dearest friendships is with Kym Hall.  We became friends in Colorado when our kids were little babies and now she lives in Austin, Texas.  She comes to San Antonio everytime I'm in town so we can catch up!  I love her so much!

Mega, Kira, Nora and I had a fun day in the cute country town of Gruene (pronounced Green), Texas.  It was like taking a step back in time.













I had such a nice time with Justin and his family.  Mia was gone a lot to her flag team practices.  She is a busy junior in high school but still very sweet and loving!  I can't believe how quickly all our grandkids are growing up.  Kira is busy with gymnastics.  She practices hard at her gym nearly every day and qualified for nationals recently!  Nora is so sweet and cuddly.  She was my swim buddy.  Had some wonderful talks with Justin in the hot tub.  Such a great place to disconnect from all electronics and just visit.  Can't wait to go back to see them.  Hopefully sooner than later! 



No comments: