Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Happy Birthday, Hannah, Ice Castles w/Marissa and girls, other February 2020 events!

We got back just in time to celebrate Hannah's 26th birthday!  We had a nice family dinner with brushetta, steak salad, and carrot cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes!  We love our Hannah and are so happy we get to have her and Chase and Violet living in our basement apartment!!


She specifically (and jokingly) asked for a horse-themed, tea party birthday.  So that's what she got!  I decorated the table with horses (which Violet took off to play with) and we had Martinelli's in my pretty tea cups.  It was special.



Nothing Bundt Cakes makes the most delicious cakes ever!


Here's a beautiful winter picture of our house and our nearly sunset view of Mt. Timp behind us.  I can't get enough of these amazing snow-covered mountains!


My niece, Marissa has kids (Avalon and Kobe) who go to BYU and she comes now and then to visit them.  We love having her and whoever is with her--this time her twins Molly and Charlee--stay with us.  Marissa, the twins, Avi, and I went to Midway to the Ice Castles.  It has been on my bucket list for years and I was thrilled to get to finally go! 


We ate at Cafe Rio in Provo and this was our parking lot view as sunset was approaching!


Ice Castles, Midway, Utah











One of the perks to living here is having friends with season tickets to the BYU games.  Cindi and Jeff invited us to come to the game against Santa Clara State and BYU won.  They are doing really well this year.  Go cougars!



We got chickens!  It is something Hannah, Chase and I have been wanting to do and we did it!  We got 3 Buffingtons and one White Leghorn.  The white one is named Yolko Ono, and the other three sisters are called Turkey, Boaty, and Dishes!  When I was really little, I wanted to grow up and marry Dr. Kildaire (actor Richard Chamberlain).  I wanted three kids and I wanted to name them Turkey, Boaty and Dishes!  I was very young!!  We decided those would be good names for our new girls.  We love them!



Our little gal is loving coloring and drawing right now.  It is so fun to play with her and color with her.  She loves to add her own touches to my pages, ie. she scribbles all over what I have colored to make it extra special!  Love our sweet Violet!  It's looking as if she is going to be right-handed.  Hannah and I are both left-handed!


No comments: