Sunday, March 22, 2020

Chickens! We are farmers! March 2012

I have always wanted to have a little farm and have horses, goats, chickens and maybe a mini-donkey!  Well, I don't have a farm but we did get some chickens.  Hannah has shared this dream with me and has been pushing me along to get going with this project.  We went to the farm store and bought these four little beauties.  The white one, which we named Yolko Ono, is a white Leghorn and the other three sisters are Buff Orpingtons which we named Boaty, Turkey, and Dishes.

When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up and marry Dr. Kildaire, (Richard Chamberlain) and I wanted to have three children and name them Boaty, Turkey, and Dishes.  It's fun to finally have something that I can lovingly give those names to!  We can't really tell the three gals apart but maybe as they grow they will become more unique and individual. 

Violet loves them and Addie is getting used to them.  We should start getting eggs around August or September.  Three cheers for our farm dreams starting to come true!







Our granddaughter, Meggy, lives and works in Provo and sometimes she takes the train and comes to visit us.  She is a delight and we love her visits!





No comments: