Sunday, March 29, 2020

Corona Virus continues...March 29, 2020


The world still has the Corona Virus circulating almost everywhere and it has changed life for almost everyone.  We are asked to stay home except for going to the grocery store, to get medicine, or to go to essential jobs.  We are home day after day after day hoping and praying that this will end soon and that life can return to normal. Today, we are fasting with our church and many other churches and other individuals who can to plead to the Lord for His help in containing the virus and to give us peace and hope during this difficult time.

Found this beautiful picture on the Internet--Don't know who to give credit to.

As I have a lot of time to think and meditate about the situation we are in, my mind often goes to hoping that this will be the beginning of the Second Coming of the Lord.  I have prayed for Him to come again for a long time and now it seems like a real possibility.  It seems to me like the perfect time for Him to come and begin His millennial reign.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a thousand years of peace on the earth and to have perfect bodies and minds and to love each other in harmony with Christ's gospel and doctrine?

And yet, as much as I think I want this now, I have to trust in God's timing in all things.  I have changed my prayer from asking that Jesus please come now to "can I please hear His voice whether in person or through the voice of His servants the Prophet and Apostles who are here on the earth now."  "May I hear His voice when I read the scriptures and when I pray."  "May I hear His voice when I seek to help my family, friends, and others."  I really want to know Him.  I want to recognize Him and fall at His feet and worship and praise Him.  I pray that I am worthy to be with Him and to be one of His helpers now and when He comes again.

President Oaks of the First Presidency of our church spoke recently to a group of missionaries and said that this is a practice for the coming of the Lord.  This may not be when He will return, but it will be soon.  How will things be different when this Pandemic is over?  How will I be different?  How can I be the person I want to be now and then?

I want to be ready now and I want to stay ready after this passes.  I want to heed the words of the Lord and I want to hear His voice in my life often.  I love the temple and I am sad that they are all closed right now.  I am looking forward to when they will again be open and I will look forward to going every week and participating in those saving ordinances for those who have gone before me.

I am fasting from social media for a week in preparation for the General Conference that will take place next weekend.  I want to be as spiritually in tune as I can be to hear His voice for I know that is how we will make it through these difficult times.  I will strengthen my faith by serving Him and others.  I will not be afraid to live the commandments and to share my beliefs with my friends and family.

We had church today with some of our family members online.  It was so special to hear their testimonies of the Savior and of how this time and test is bringing them closer as a family.  I love my family so much and want to be with them forever.  I'm so blessed to be able to have my husband bless and pass the Sacrament to me each Sunday here in our home.  I want to be a witness of my Savior and take His name upon me every day as I try to be a little more like Him and as I try to share what I know of Him with others.

I want to live in a better world.  I want people to love each other.  I want our political parties to work together instead of fighting with each other all the time.  I don't know if this Pandemic is going to change the world, but I want it to change me.  I want to love more and better, judge less, feel more deeply for others and their troubles, and I want to share joy in some form every day.  Amen.

Here's something I found on social media that has been helpful!


My friend, Cindi, invited me to join a meditation group to invite Abundance into our lives.  It was 21 Days of Abundance.  It helped keep me calm and focused on things that matter most.



Here's what quarantine looks like for us!  We are so blessed to have Hannah, Chase and Violet living in our basement apartment.  Violet is sunshine and Joy!  The time I get to spend with her coloring, playing, reading books, singing, cooking are pure joy.












I hope to blog more often now that I have a lot of time on my hands.  I want to share more of my feelings.  I have fears but when they come into my mind and heart I try to replace them with faith.  I believe we are in God's hands and that He knows exactly what is going on.  I believe we need to repent daily and try to align our wills with His will in order to find true and lasting peace and joy.

We can and will get through this and can be better from what we are learning.



No comments: