Monday, May 27, 2019

Eric's new place, Jaxon's K-Graduation, Memorial Day Weekend, May 2019

Eric got a new job in Draper at Epic Marketing so decided to move a little closer to his work and to Salt Lake City.  His new apartment is in Midvale next to Gardner's Village.  He's going to miss his beautiful Rivulet apartment in American Fork (as will we), but he's looking forward to his new place as well.

Old apartment:


New apartment:



 Beautiful views of the Jordan River from his patio:





I went back up to Logan this past week for Jaxon's kindergarten graduation.  Todd has been in China teaching for two weeks, so I went to support Jax on his big day.








Just so I don't forget this experience, it was so windy in Logan that neither Kimiko or I could sleep.  I was upstairs and I worried all night that the windows were going to blow in and that my car was going to blow down their hill.  My bed was shaking it was so windy!  I have never experienced anything like it before.  People had their trampolines and sheds blow away and lots of houses had their shingles blown off their roofs.  It was scary!

When I stayed with the boys alone a couple of weeks ago it was windy then as well, but nothing like this time.  So that other time, I was trying to get Jaxon to go to sleep and the wind was keeping him awake.  I suggested he say a prayer and so he did and when he finished the wind stopped!  He didn't go to sleep and the wind started up again.  He asked me if I thought he should pray again and I said I thought he should.  When he said amen, the wind stopped again.  He still didn't go to sleep and this time when it started again, I said that maybe he needed to do his part, so he went to sleep and slept all night.  It was certainly a tender mercy for him.  I love when the Lord answers weather prayers.

Memorial Weekend is a special time to remember those who have gone on before us.  It is a special time to honor those who fought and died to keep us free.  We honored our relatives this weekend by taking flowers to their graves in Provo, Salt Lake, and Sandy.  David and Viera, and Jim and Debbie were with us.  David and Viera spent the weekend with us in our home.  It was wonderful being with them and catching up.

We passed the beautiful Provo City Center Temple:


and this is where Mike's grandmother Minnie lived in Provo:

 

Hannah was maybe named for this sweet ancestor?






At the graves of our sweet son, Paul Moore and Jim and Debbie's sweet son, Andrew Moore, who both left this life way too young:


Our beautiful downtown Lehi with snowy Timp in the background:


Just wanted to mention that Eric and Tyler ran their first marathon last weekend, May 19, the Colfax Marathon, in Denver.  Very proud of them both!



No comments: