Monday, May 27, 2019

Babysitting for Todd and Kimiko, Mother's Day, May 2019

May has been a chilly, rainy, windy month, but it has made everything green and beautiful and there is still snow on the mountains which is such a breathtaking sight to see when we look out our windows.

Todd had a school (USU) trip to NYC and he took Kimiko and her mom with him.  Kimiko has never left her kids before and they asked me to babysit so she could go.  I had three little boys for several days and it went really well, but I'm not going to lie, it was exhausting!  They are darling boys and I love them to pieces!!




Jaxon had a special Mother's Day tea party at his school that I got to go to.






Logan was such a funny soccer player.  He didn't want to go out on the field, but when he did, he dominated the game and scored about five goals.  When there was still about 15 minutes left, he decided he was done and walked over to me and wouldn't go back out.  I apologized to the coach and said we were going to go home and he said that's fine, my son, left the game a while ago and is sitting over there on the bleachers.  I guess these little guys don't really get it yet.  Ha Ha!



Soooo, this is the view across the street from the front of Todd and Kimiko's home!  Incredible!

 
And, this is the view out the back windows!!!


On Saturday, I brought the boys down to Lehi with me.  They had a great time playing at our house and we took them to McDonald's for a fun lunch and time in the Play Place.  Then around 8:30, Eric and I drove the boys to meet their mom and grandma in Salt Lake for their drive back to Logan.

It was a rough week physically and I realized I'm not really cut out for taking care of little kids anymore.  I love them and I do my best, but it's just too tiring and there were just a few too many poopy diapers.  Oh well, I survived and they survived and Todd, Kimiko and Nancy had a great and memorable trip so it was worth it!

Mother's Day was a sweet day.  I heard from all the kids and got some lovely gifts including flowers, Joanna Gaine's new book, "Homebody," a mini google home,  a candle and gift card and a beautiful necklace from Mike.  Eric and Nathan made Low Country Boil and it was perfect!




 
Funny face changes on phone apps:






Two little buddies!



No comments: