So happy to be reunited with these two darlings and their cute mom! We had a nice Sunday together and bbq'd and had a fire and then Monday morning, Tyler headed to the Springs to work. Jaimee and I took the kids and went shopping all over for furniture for their new house. The kids especially liked American Furniture Warehouse where they each got to pick out a stuffed animal at the end of our visit for being so awesome!
On Tuesday, June 2, Jaimee and I drove down to Colorado Springs with the kids so that Tyler and Jaimee could close on their house! We met Tyler for lunch at Costa Vida (right by their house) and then went to a walk through of their house. It was so clean and perfect!!! It looked brand new which made us all so happy! You just never know what condition a house will be in. The prior owner was very sad to leave her home and left it spotless! Definitely a sign of pride in ownership!
After the walk through, I took Sophie and Tucker to the Bass Pro shop and out for frozen yogurt while Tyler and Jaimee went to their closing. It all went well and they are the proud owners of a beautiful home in Colorado Springs! Pinch me please! Who would have guessed I'd have kids and grandkids within an hour and a half away?! Definitely an answer to prayer!
There is an amazing bowling alley at the Bass Pro Shop. It's all decorated like it's underwater. Tucker was a little disturbed by the sharks and alligators--here he is punching one to show he's tough! Love that kid!
We got together for dinner at Ryan and Ali's and celebrated!! Ali's mom and grandpa and his companion were there as well so we had a nice visit with them.
I stayed over with Ryan and Ali and Tyler's family spent the night at a local hotel. It's been such a blessing to see them all so happy with their new homes. Tyler and Jaimee wanted to have some painting done, including painting the kitchen cabinets white, so they didn't move in right away. They stayed in the Springs for a couple of days and then Jaimee and the kids came back to Longmont. On Friday, June 5, Tyler and Jaimee flew to Utah, packed up their things in a Uhaul truck and drove back on Saturday. They unpacked the truck on Sunday (had some hired helpers and Ryan) and then Mike and I drove down with Sophie and Tucker on Sunday afternoon to help them unpack and get settled in.
| Sophie and Tucker in the sleeper sofa at their hotel. |
On Saturday, while Tyler and Jaimee were driving their truck over, Mike and I had Sophie and Tucker. We had heard of a fun fire station event going on in Gunbarrel so we took them to that. It was a blast!
So much has happened the last few weeks with the moves here, that it's hard to keep track of the timeline.
After we got the kids moved in and spent a couple of days with them, Mike and I left on Wednesday morning and drove up to the temple to do our Wednesday afternoon shift. Jaimee asked if I could come back down to help her with some more house stuff so Mike caught a ride home with Pat Perley and I headed back to the Springs. We worked hard and also took the kids on a few fun outings before I went home on Saturday to prepare for a visit from Steve and Jenny and their family.
This was at a fun place called Focus on the Family:
| Tuck was a little obsessed with this puppet! Haha! |
This is Tyler and Jaimee's beautiful home after just being freshly painted. It looks brand new!
I had a great time helping as decorating and interior design is one of the things I love most!
It takes 1 1/2 hours door to door to get from our house to Tyler and Jaimee's. It's 20 minutes further to Ryan and Ali's. It's a little bit of a trek from Longmont to Colorado Springs, but I will never complain! So much shorter than going to Utah or Texas!! Yay!!
1 comment:
So happy for you to have kids so close.
Post a Comment