Monday, July 6, 2015

Ryan and Ali's Move and My Fun Birthday Week, May 29, 2015

 This is a busy and exciting time here in Colorado!  Ryan and Ali arrived with their cute and found out that their house closing was being delayed!  That was disappointing for them, but it meant we got to have them with us for a couple of days!  Here's Princess Sadie playing with cars and airplanes!  How awesome is that?


Sweet baby Claire has discovered the joy of eating food and she loves eating a lot of food!

Ryan and Ali closed on their house and moved in on Thursday, May 28!  Tyler was there to help them as well as Ali's parents, Don and Sue Lindberg, the missionaries and some members from their new ward.  I kept Sadie and Claire with me while they closed and unpacked the Pod and then we drove down and joined in unpacking boxes and setting up their lovely new home.

Here are Ryan and Tyler, my "handyman" sons working on hanging the TV.  It was amazing how quickly their house became a home.  It's beautiful and really seems to fit them perfectly.  Both families have found the homes and neighborhoods that fit them.  It's awesome!


When I woke up on Friday morning, May 29, everyone sang happy birthday to me and I got first choice of yummy cinnamon rolls that were brought over by a ward member to welcome Ryan and Ali to Colorado Springs!


So happy to be in her new home!
 I headed back to Longmont in time for our Gourmet Gals luncheon.  It was fun that it fell on my birthday.  We had a Mexican Fiesta and all brought wonderful gourmet dishes representative of the wonderful culinary gifts of Mexico!


Margaret, Sharma, Kim, and Kathy--Kim L. was taking the picture.
 



Mike went to Utah on Wednesday to spend some time with Paul at the Huntsman Cancer Institute after Paul's hip surgery.  It was a really good time for him to be there and he was so glad he made the trip over.  Paul is still fighting a mighty tough battle with cancer and we pray daily that he be strengthened and healed.  He's awesome and amazing as is Joni and their darling girls, Ellie and Reese!  Love them all so much!!

I was going to be home alone on my birthday, so Tyler came up and spent my birthday with me!  We had dinner at Oscar Blues and then went to Boulder and saw a couple of movies.  We were leaving to come home after seeing the first movie which I can't even remember the name of (which says a lot about how much we liked it) and decided to go back and see another one!  We saw San Andreas and it was surprisingly pretty good.  We had a lot of fun.  It was the first one-on-one Mommy-son date I have had with Tyler since he was little!  Loved it!

Then on Saturday morning, we golfed 9 holes at Twin Peaks.  Tyler is really good and I played terrible!  It was a lot of fun though and he was very patient with me and it was a perfect weather day for golf!

Jaimee, Sophie and Tucker drove to Longmont later that day from Utah so we had a great reunion with them.  Mike also came home that day as well.  A lot of coming and going!  I'm glad I'm blogging it so that I will always have a record of this happy, exciting time.




Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special!  I received a lot of phone calls and cards and felt very loved!  I am a blessed woman to have so much love in my life!

No comments: