Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow Day--March 27, 2009

As you might have noticed in my posts from the past few months, we haven't had much snow! Well, we got dumped on last week and the kids finally got their beloved snow days!! Our Spring Break actually starts tomorrow so they were not even a little bit disappointed to start it a couple of days early! Mike even got to come home early on Thursday and go in late on Friday. He was very happy too!

What's winter without a visit from Frosty? Hannah and her friend, Zoe, welcomed him back!



As is so common here, the storm is followed by beautiful blue skies and warm temperatures. Such was the case with this one. We got about 10 inches of snow which almost made up for nearly none during the winter months. We are looking forward to the green grass, flowers, and the leafy trees that will be coming our way shortly.


Hannah and Zoe finished up their snow activities with these tropical delights! I guess it was just too warm for Hot Chocolate and a fire!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that snow person, especially with the hair, hat and glasses! I love that you got a foot of snow and then had tropical smoothies! Sounds like a great day!
Love,
Melecia

Moore Family said...

That snowman looks gansta! Hannah, will you make me one of them tropical smoothies when I'm there for Memorial Day weekend?

Glen

The Nannie Family said...

Great snow person. I loved the hair. Snow days are always fun. Devin misses those.

Jenny Moore said...

The snowman looks great! We hear Colorado got pounded with snow. Is it ever going to be Spring?!!!
I loved that the girls had a smoothie instead of cocoa. We all came home from church and cocoa on Sunday...it was COLD!!!

Moore Family said...

I agree with Glen, I would like to order one of those smoothies after the run??? Can we arrange that?

I would like to know how much snow constitutes for a snow day? We never get them here????

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I think the snowman looks like Eric. ;-)