
May 29, 2008 did in fact come and I did in fact turn 50 years old! I prepared for this day months ago when I called my sister, Nancy, and asked her if she would please plan me a birthday party! She is known around the world for her great parties! She was thrilled to be asked! The day finally arrived and it was everything I could have hoped for! Great food, great decor, entertainment, dancing, and best of all a lot of my favorite people! The only thing that would have made it better, would have been to have all my kids, step-kids (their spouses, girlfriends, and kids) there! We did have a lot of family members there, so I am not going to complain! I just want all my family to know how much I love and appreciate them and that I am so happy to have you all in my life!
Here are just a few pictures of the fun event!
The decor! So pretty in orange and blue. We had Yucatano Delicioso for dinner--a Brady family favorite. We had brownies (incredibly chocolately), lemonade cupcakes, and coconut cupcakes for dessert! There was a lot of help decorating and making this party a success! I thank everyone who helped from the bottom of my heart! Thanks, Mike, for your special part in making this happen!!





My kids were asked to come up with some sort of presentation for me! They did a good job and I certainly felt loved! Eric recited a poem! Tyler and Jaimee made me a candy poster. Ryan wrote and sang me a wonderful song! Hannah played the guitar and sang. Justin came and brought his darling Rachael with him. My sister, Kathy, rewrote the words to a rap song and all the oldies sang it to me. They also sang new words to "My Favorite Things." Very funny and yes I did feel "old."
What would a Brady party be without dancing? We did some line dancing, swing dancing, crazy dancing and Grandma of course did a little tap dancing!
It was a really fun party in every possible way. I hated for the evening to end! I have been asked if I have redefined my life at "50." I have given that a lot of thought and decided that my life as it is now is really great and doesn't need redefining....yet! I'm going to keep going on the track I'm on until Hannah graduates from High School in four years and then who knows what I'll do?!! I am certainly going to be setting goals and planning a wonderful future with my husband.
Thanks to everyone!! I love you all more than words can say!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxox












9 comments:
I'm glad you made it home safely. It was a fun party and it was nice to visit with you. Thanks for having your party here.
The pictures capture the party very well. I like the funny cups with crazy noses, the dancing, and the smile on your happy face. It was a perfect celebration for a wonderful gal. I'm sure your greatest wish for the future will be to have close association with those you love and who love you so much. That was a fantastic trip! Love you dear. Mike xoxoxo
Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday. We figured you were having your party when we called to wish you a happy birthday and couldn't get through. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.
Glen
Looks like fun and really we wish we could have been there.
I am glad that "almost" all your kids could at least be there. Things like that don't happen very often when family is everywhere. Todd will be back soon and you'll have to plan another party so you can have them ALL there!
Kendi
50 looks FABULOUS on you Aunt Susan!! :)
Looks like you guys rocked out...I love the dancing pics! I'm so glad you felt so loved and special...because you ARE!
miss you!
p.s. those cups are AWESOME! I saw them online before but they look even better in your photos!
Those cups are crazy, looked like a fun party. I think no matter how old you may start to feel you're always young to me. That was a celebration for a real woman...Suzaaaanne the Womaaaan
hey! I like the new blog. Just look at the pictures of those brownies and cupcakes make my mouth water!
I was wondering if I could get the recipe for that dinner though, it was delicious and seemed pretty easy!
Happy Birthday, Susan. I looks like you guys had a fantastic party
Happy 50th Susan. We are very glad you had such a nice time.
Post a Comment