We had a Mexican feast on May 5th to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! We had carne asada with homemade salsa (recipe courtesy of Alfredo) and Eric and his friend, Nick Jones made tres leches cake for dessert! It was delicious!!
Tres Leches Cake
Happy May and I am happy to report that I successfully completed Spanish 2 with an A!!! I will be taking Spanish 3 and 4 next school year! I hope I can do it--it's pretty tough to get my "old" brain to remember all that stuff!!
disclaimer: I actually forgot to take pictures, so these came from google images!
4 comments:
YES!! I feel so honored to have my name in the title of your post! I am so happy you did this one, even if it was with Google images (hey, i know where you're coming from)
Sounds like a yummy meal! I made a tres leches cake for the first time a few days ago and it was INCREDIBLE!! I think one of my new favorite desserts. And way to go on the 'A'!! Tu eres muy inteligente y impresionante! Vas a hablar con fluencia muy temprano...yo te quiero tia susanna!
Gracias, Cierra. Yo te quiero tambien.
Yummo! Can we get that homemade salsa recipe?!?!
For Cinco de Mayo the kids colored Mexican style clothing for paper dolls--how cultured is that!
Melissa
We are really proud of Susan's progress in Spanish, and we love those Latino dishes! When we read the B of M at the dinner table, Susan reads from her Spanish copy. She loves to mix with a family in our ward from Honduras. It's like she's on a Spanish speaking mission. We hope by next Spring she will have finished her studies and can be called "Married Bachelor Susan."
Mike
Post a Comment