Friday, March 7, 2008

In Loving Memory of Dad, Charles P. Brady

My dad, Charles P. Brady, passed away this morning, March 7, 2008, around 6 am, in Price, Utah. My mom, Jean, and my brother, Pat and his wife, Kathy, were blessed to be there by his side when he passed away.
My dad was a great man of faith. He loved his wife and family, his Heavenly Father and his Savior, and his country with all of his heart. He was a great example of compassion and service to his fellow man. I believe he will always be known and loved for being a wonderful home teacher. He was diligent in completing his assignments and always went the extra mile to help anyone in need.
I feel so blessed to have lived near him for most of my life. I'm grateful that my children know him and love him. I am especially grateful that we had the opportunity to live in Wellsville, New York and to have my mom and dad live there also. Those were very choice memories that will be with us forever.
Dad, I love you.
xo,
Susan



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck Brady was my friend, my brother in the gospel, a wonderful home teacher in two cities for my family, twice my Assistant when I was called to be High Priest Group Leader in Longmont and Wellsville, NY, and was my father-in law. He made it possible for me to meet my wonderful Susan. We played golf and went fishing together,loved to joke around and share fun with our family. We will miss this dear soul, and feel a great assurance that where he is now he will continue to serve and brighten the lives of many he has known. Heaven became a little bit better place today.

I love you Susan and all you Brady bunch. Mike

Moore Family said...

Very nice tribune. Chuck was such a good man and lived a very full life. He was the kind of person we should all hope to be. What time is the funeral? Kendi and I would like to come.

Bob said...

I miss him already!

I'm glad we got to visit him and Mima, along with the Moores in Wellsville.

Every single memory I have of Mimo is a happy memory.

I love all of you.
Bob, Jr. and family

The Nannie Family said...

Thanks for the great post. You always know what to say.

Anonymous said...

Joni and I were talking about the similarities between Chuck and Joni's grandpa and they were almost identical to me. I hope the next generation of "old people" can be as good as this one. Chuck really was a genuinely nice and happy man, I loved being around him. He had a way of making me feel like I was truly a member of his family, and it was funny how I felt I would wait in line just to shake his hand.
Paul

Cierra said...

i miss papa already. yesterday i was thinking about some of the fun memories i have had with him throughout my life...he was so fun and loving. i know he will watch over us all.

Anonymous said...

Susan our hearts and prayers go out to you at this time of loss. You paid a nice tribute to you father who was a great man and has left a wonderful legacy of children and grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your dad. I know you will miss him.
We hope to make it on Sat.
Love ya.