1. After graduating from BYU with an Associates Degree in Business Education, I got a job at McGraw-Hill Publishing in NYC (Rockefeller Center)!!! I rode the train to and from Grand Central Station everyday. The story that follows didn't happen while I was working, but I had come into the city one day for lunch and was walking down a subway stairway when both of my heels on my shoes (about 3 inches)got stuck in the grates on the step and simultaneously snapped off! I had to keep walking and get onto the train with no heels. I spent the lunch hour buying new shoes! One of my most embarrassing moments for sure!!
2. Behind our house in New York we had a 4-acre pine forest. The trees were mainly all dead or infested with something hideous that looked like fungus growing all over them. You could push the trees over without effort. There were even a few spottings of U.W.O.'s (Unidentified Walking Objects) that crossed our path as we strolled down the mysterious trail hidden deep within the woods. It was the singlemost greatest backyard anyone could ask for. (Those who we do not speak of only attacked us about 4 times in the 2 years that we lived in The Village of Wellsville, New York.)
3. We had a bank robber spend the night at our house when I was married to Kevin. He had just robbed the bank and had come to our house to take a shower. He left his bag with his gun and the money in our living room while he showered. The next day, the boys and I left and the FBI came and raided our house. He escaped but was later caught and is spending lots of time in prison in Caifornia. It was very scary!! He was a member of the church and was going to our ward in Denver while living in a halfway house after serving time in Canon City Prison in Colorado. He seemed like such a nice young man, but very confused to say the least.
4. I am taking College Spanish 1 at our local community college. I am working on my Bachelor's Degree from BYU and have to take 4 semesters of a foreign language to substitute for the Math which I just don't think I could make it through. After I complete my Spanish requirements I will only have 4 BYU independent study classes until Graduation!! I should be done before Hannah graduates High School.
5. I was a nanny for three children in White Plains, New York for the summer after my freshman year at BYU.
6. I was the Longmont, Colorado Stake Girl's Camp Director for 2 years. It was funny because when I was sustained in our ward, one of my friends made a gasping, chuckling noise that just said it all: "Yeah right, as if she could do that!" I did do it and it was one of the most fun callings I have ever had.
9 comments:
I love that spanish love song video! So fun to get your degree. Go Aunt Susan! Sometimes I think about taking spanish classes for refresher and improvement. A bank robber sleep over? Wow. I love these facts. So cool to learn more about everyone! Love ya.
Karen
Ok freaky backyard!!!! How did you sleep at night?!? Good thing I never came and visited because I would have had to sleep with you and Mike! :)
And the Bank Robber thing? yikes.
Great stories. I remember the bank robber.
Great back yard. We don't usually travel our woods too much at night anyway.
I can't believe that your heels broke off in the grates, I only thought that happened in movies or commericails.
Tia Susanna,
Tu video es muyyyyyy chido (Mexican slang for "cool")!!! Hahaha oh my gosh...I was totally cracking up while watching the video because not only is that man wearing a ridiculous shirt, but it is so true! That is basically all you learn in Spanish 101. (Donde esta el bano?) Soooo good! I showed it to Alfredo and he was like "what in the world?"
i LOVED this post and i love YOU!
These were great facts! I too, have loved learning more about everyone. The Spanish video is so fun--I took two semesters of Spanish a couple years ago...I could relate:-)
I had no idea some of those things happened. That was cool to know you worked in New York, I remember you telling us that while we were there. I am sure that heel thing has happened more times than you can imagine to other people.
you are one funny lady
Those were some fun facts. I promise I'll get to this sometime this week.
Love ya!
Hey, now I'm even leaving comments! I'm actually starting to get into this blog thing. I guess I just realized how long I have known you because I knew all thewe things except for the bank robber.......scccaaaaarrryyyyyy!!!!
Post a Comment