Sunday, August 21, 2022

Moore Fun in August, 2022

We are fortunate and very blessed to live within 30 minutes of something like 7 temples with another 5 under construction!  The only place in the whole world that's that close to so many.  We try to go as often as we can.  Mike goes once a week and I usually join him for two of those times.  Our temple for now is Mt. Timpanogos but Saratoga Springs will be ours once it's open.  I love the feeling in the temple.  It's so reverent and such a holy place and I feel loved and safe there like nowhere else.



Hannah is going to be starting her third and final year of her master's of social work program at the University of Utah soon and also shes preparing to do a practicum as part of that.  She had some training the past couple of weeks so we got to have Violet with us.  We always have a blast together.



My nephew, Brandon Brady, and his family were in Salt Lake for an ice skating event for their daughter, Kenzie, and he let me know about it and Violet and I went to watch her skate.  It was fun seeing Brandon and Amanda and their cute kids.  Violet made quick friends with their four year old Cassidy. Kenzie is a beautiful skater.  She was fun to watch. They just live in Coalville near Park City so they aren't too far.






I didn't get a picture, but Violet and I also met Cindi and a couple of her cute grandkids at McDonald's one day for lunch and she played with them for a long time in the play place.

Our friend, Katherine Snow (Stuart), came to Salt Lake for a long weekend to see a friend from Russia who was visiting here.  She, Carol and I got to have a Friday evening girls night out together.  We got pedicures and had dinner at Brio in Fashion Place Mall.  We have been blessed with wonderful friends.



Eric and I went to several of the Salt Lake Parade of Homes together.  We went to the ones out by him in Daybreak and Herriman.  We always enjoy our time together and both have a love for beautiful homes. We always get Swig too!  It's kind of our thing to do together.




I really don't know why but all dogs and I mean all dogs love me!  It's crazy but unfortunately true.  Maybe someday I will become a dog lover and not just a dog tolerator!  

Cindi and I had a grand adventure this past week!  We went to BYU Education Week on Tuesday.  We only did the one day but it was so amazing that next week we are going to plan to do more.  We were so spiritually fed by attending five different classes.  It was also just so much fun having a whole day together.  



Our first and favorite speaker was Kristen Walker Smith!  I follow her Come Follow Me Instagram account and love her down to earth and very relatable content.  She was funny and very insightful.

We ended our perfect day by having kids meal cheeseburgers at the Creamery on Ninth.  

This week I also got to have lunch with my broker and friend, Diane Jensen.  We ate at Costa Vida and had a wonderful chat.  She is the best and I'm so happy to have chose ERA Brokers Consolidated to work with in real estate.

I had a shift gluing butterfly chrysalids at the Butterfly Biosphere and got a reuben sandwich next door at the tower deli.  It's kind of my special treat after working there.  They make the best reubens!!


Mike and I have decided that we don't like to cook any more (at least not very often). So we made a list of the restaurants around here, which are many, and we are going to start eating dinner out more often.  This week we ate at Edna's (a new cool place by Lehi High School) and Zupas with our neighbors Kareen and Ken Winder.  They agree with not liking to cook and we may go out with them often.  I tried to organize a very last minute dinner party for Friday night for some of the neighbors (senior couples) but they were the only ones available and it worked out perfectly to just go out.

This was stake conference weekend. The Saturday adult session started at 6 pm so we ate at home.  Mike grilled a steak and I tried to recreate a peach, avocado, burrata cheese salad that Nancy posted this week from their trip to California.  It was yummy, but definitely needs some work on the presentation.  I will work on it and try again!

Hmmm...

Conference was good.  The Saturday evening session is always our favorite.  We heard from a very recent young widow who bore a powerful testimony of miracles and tender mercies that got her through her husband's horrible disease (Huntington's) and his death just five months ago.  I love her even though I don't know her.  I love her strength and her faith and that she sees the hand of God in her life every day in many ways.  I have always loved looking for God's tender mercies in my life and I find them in abundance in my life especially when I am looking for them instead of doubting them! 

Our Sunday School class started school this week and we made them these cute treats so they would know we love them and are thinking of them.  We have been blessed with amazing kids in our class for the past several years!


Here's to another great school year!

 

No comments: